Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BARRA ... Run & Gun Vs Concentrated effort

Re: BARRA ... Run & Gun Vs Concentrated effort

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Yeah as has been said, and we all know the many varibles and if we diddn't those who have seen the latest dvd will now now it..

The conferdence Factor...... I have seen conferdence drop along with catch rates even when at sea, the skipper just drops off and wammo the line is light, but he stays positive it tightens up... Why is this? maybe we too react with the moon and varibles?????
    Confidence ...... A positive mental attitude is so important .

Let me throw this at you - How often is the gun & run approach born from a lack of confidence ? I know not always ! .......But - It does require a PMA to sit at a location & lay a barrage of casts over a long period of time

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Yeah but how is it that the odd run and gun goes up flicks mutiple casts and just so happens to nail a fish..... why?... he flukes it... hit the right spot and by nothing more than chance... he gets that one spot that has the right set up for success then... the conferdence is born.... In saying this, I am talking in general about the hundreds of fishos heading to the dams and the number of fish caught, which is pretty low if your asking most at the camps... most say "they had nothing today" when there is the select few which worked a area they either haddn't before or just was exploring and nailed a couple then all of a sudden they get this conferdence and usally more fish for the trip....

As for the fellas running up the dam for the hundredth time we have conferdence in the spots we have used before we select the areas we choose because of some of the more finer points and we as a whole have less donut sessions then the weekend warrior....

I have a question? You know how when we round a corner or fish a stretch of sticks and you get this huge gut feeling and cast into them and you get wacked why is that? you could go back to that spot a day later and not have it why?

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Yeah but how is it that the odd run and gun goes up flicks mutiple casts and just so happens to nail a fish..... why?... he flukes it... hit the right spot and by nothing more than chance... he gets that one spot that has the right set up for success then... the conferdence is born.... In saying this, I am talking in general about the hundreds of fishos heading to the dams and the number of fish caught, which is pretty low if your asking most at the camps... most say "they had nothing today" when there is the select few which worked a area they either haddn't before or just was exploring and nailed a couple then all of a sudden they get this conferdence and usally more fish for the trip....

As for the fellas running up the dam for the hundredth time we have conferdence in the spots we have used before we select the areas we choose because of some of the more finer points and we as a whole have less donut sessions then the weekend warrior....

I have a question? You know how when we round a corner or fish a stretch of sticks and you get this huge gut feeling and cast into them and you get wacked why is that? you could go back to that spot a day later and not have it why?
    Nath ...... Dont get me wrong I'm not saying that the gun & run approach is bad or wrong ........ no way get F'd F off! ( sorry that song is going through my head)
    I guess the gut feeling on a spot ...... is born from experience & your data base thats locked in your mind (or what you see) ....... you know , Yeh it was like this last year & that spot fired .......... This is why a run around is a good thing & you fish conditions on the day .
    For me ...... I now have an appreciation for the Concentrated effort .... & the best results have come from that approach ......... It may have originated using the G&R but once a location appealed - then the concentrated effort bore results ( sometimes after a few minutes other times a couple of hours) - Transient Barra to me make a good target.

Me ..... i'm trying to understand it a little more - because my bream or bass fishing follows a G&R approach - always.

Chris

PSb

Here is something to observe in next weeks AFC (Awoonga round) I can just about bet my other one ....... That one or two crews will fish the old creek bed near Dingo Is for a good part of the event !
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Here is something to observe in next weeks AFC (Awoonga round) I can just about bet my other one ....... That one or two crews will fish the old creek bed near Dingo Is for a good part of the event !
    Probably right Chris.....I certainly know one team fished inside NZ Gully.......why do I know this?....because our houseboat was moored there and we were having a few cool treats watching them.
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Afc....:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

I have a question? You know how when we round a corner or fish a stretch of sticks and you get this huge gut feeling and cast into them and you get wacked why is that? You could go back to that spot a day later and not have it why?... The Monduran DVD has the answer....

Ok, dont take the piss, but that might have something to do with why, when I round a corner, some spots smell fishy!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, pick yourself up off the floor and start pointing at the clown, but i reckon at times I smell a fishy spot, and have proven it to hold fish. Im not saying Im smelling barra, maybe the concentration of nutrients, and water turn over associated with a good fish holding area.

Next time your on the water, suck a few in as you travel along, some areas definately smell differant to others.

Ok, Ive put it out there, let the piss take begin.....

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Ok, dont take the piss, but that might have something to do with why, when I round a corner, some spots smell fishy!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, pick yourself up off the floor and start pointing at the clown, but i reckon at times I smell a fishy spot, and have proven it to hold fish. Im not saying Im smelling barra, maybe the concentration of nutrients, and water turn over associated with a good fish holding area.

Next time your on the water, suck a few in as you travel along, some areas definately smell differant to others.

goes with the Serenity ........ The smell of 2 stroke

Mate when I was there in Sept ....... I could still smell barra (dead ones)

Hey ... with your record Brian - How many can argue

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Brian sometimes you can also smell thick concentrations of bonys.Same as in the salt you can smell schools of mullet and herring.Bigs schools,tightly packed emit a very distinctive smell.It is really noticeable after a school has been attacked/harrassed by one of those marauding flocks of shags/pelicans,once the putrid shag smell has dissipated.Great hangover cure driving along behind a flock of shags iv found

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post

No Piss at all Brian....You do smell fish....bait and fish like chewy said.

Did you know they regurgitate as a fleeting response if they are spooked!!! I was told this by a very reliable source....then he proved it....you could smell it.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    No Piss at all Brian....You do smell fish....bait and fish like chewy said.

Did you know they regurgitate as a fleeting response if they are spooked!!! I was told this by a very reliable source....then he proved it....you could smell it.

Steve
    I get that way sometime ...... you can usually follow the trail

Chris

Ps ..... Gee I need to spend more time with you lot
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Brian....the bony barra n bony whisperer....

no chance of any of the boys in cabins 2 or 4 smelling anything other than pauls shorts last trip.....

Play nice now Chew
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Is that what that smell is.....I always thought it was Simon or Nath as we steamed up Barra alley.....FARTING