Thread: Yellow Belly & Cod on soft plastics

Yellow Belly & Cod on soft plastics

I have only ever played with soft plastics in the past with no real success. I enjoy trolling hardbodies so normally stick to this format. However, I am keen to get a bit serious with soft plastics targetting yellow belly & cod (normally fish Copeton & Pindari). I know certain plastics would suit certain situations but would appreciate any general info re types & techniques. Cheers Brett.

Re: Yellow Belly & Cod on soft plastics

try big paddle tails, ive been using them on cod and seem to work okay,,still in the early stages myself, but keep trying,i fish trees in glenlyon and local creeks and rivers,,, cheers bdowdy..brett

I have found the paddle tails work best beacuse they put out the most pulse/vibration in the water.

Cheers

Phil

Thanks Gents. I will give some big paddle tails a go. Cheers
    Brett.

Hi Brett grab some different size Mumblers as well mate as they go well on Cod. If you grab some bigger paddle tails grab a few smaller ones like sliders and curly tails as the Yellows have liked them at Cressbrook over the years.

Have a good trip Cheers Lyndon.

good question and good info fellas, im keen to get a nice cod,never caught one, i have been told that the bassman cod lures are the go, big paddle tails on them have seen the work on a dvd, will give them a crack. The only yellas i have caught have been on a yellow and black river 2 sea vibe, bit small that a tn60 but i used a tn60 in the same colour nothing, swithed to the river 2 sea and hit almost straight away, havnt tried the sps tho but keen as now.
    Cheers
    If i could get paid the same to fish, sorry boss but i ......!

Will do - Thanks Lyndon.