Thread: graphite rod

graphite rod

I wish to buy a graphite baitcasting rod and and need it to be at least a 2 piece. So far I have been tossing up between shimano raiderII or daiwa td3 3 piece. ( both around 6-10kg). Has anyone had any experience or suggestions. I have a limit of around $300.

Re: graphite rod

I have a shimano bass raider baitcasting rod and its a real nice rod. You said your limit is $300, so why not buy a bara t-curve 6-10kg? I have one of these too and it is also very good.

A Daiwa Tierra rod's are in sale at B and C F are on sale right now they;re really good too I have heard.

Tom

I second the comment about the Shimano T-Curve (6-10kg) - great little rod that will handle a variety of situations including impoundment barra. They are much better than the rack raiders to in my opinion. Also remember that unless you need a multi piece rod for specific travel reasons then a one-piece will always be stronger and feel better in the hand too.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph77 View Post
    I second the comment about the Shimano T-Curve (6-10kg) - great little rod that will handle a variety of situations including impoundment barra. They are much better than the rack raiders to in my opinion. Also remember that unless you need a multi piece rod for specific travel reasons then a one-piece will always be stronger and feel better in the hand too.
    is the difference very obvious? I find that most 1 piece rods are quite tall, and thus very restrictive to transport. Probably not such a problem for boaties i guess

Quote Originally Posted by walugi View Post
    is the difference very obvious? I find that most 1 piece rods are quite tall, and thus very restrictive to transport. Probably not such a problem for boaties i guess
    Modern 2 piece rods are built a lot differently to the old poles that would leave you with a 2 foot stiff section in the middle of your loaded arc and the difference in weight and action is fairly minimal in a good quality multi piece rod.

But it is all relative to what you expect from your gear. If you are the type of person who is happy using only the highest end gear than you are likely to be disappointed with most 2 piece rods but if you are the average land based fisho looking to get something verstaile you can throw in the boot of the car you probably wont know the difference.

One of the Nitros would be my pick .... Great 2 piece blanks ( warranty also makes them good value ...... $60ish & they replace the broken section)

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

bcf have 25% off shimano rod atm too so a tcurve would only cost around $200 give or take... i think the tierra was 129 from memory, there is a loomis for around that price range too, im sure someone knows the model number...

Quote Originally Posted by plastic_paul View Post
    bcf have 25% off shimano rod atm too so a tcurve would only cost around $200 give or take... i think the tierra was 129 from memory, there is a loomis for around that price range too, im sure someone knows the model number...
    Plastic paul is correct i was in BCF today picking up my new daiwa reel. 25% off shimano rods and 129 for the daiwa. Just a bit of a tip, i put the daiwa reel aside this morning and they had 3 left, now they have none. I would ring up before you go in as this price is only available on store stock. Also i looked at the item when the guy was checking the price and the new rrp after the sale is going to be 189 so get in fast guys .

Cheers,

Tom

Ps. The Daiwa terria rod is fantastic, i cant wait to take it out tommorow.

graphite rods with roundabout $300 budget............look no where else but the nitro rod range by innovator!!!.you get the lifetime warranty as well.