Any suggestions that might meet my needs
    1: within 4 hours drive from Brisbane
    2: Somewhere to store a 6m plate boat
    3: Inshore fishing for kids and outside fishing for dad
    4: Activities for the Kids
    5: Pool or beach

Thoughts where a holiday flat with back yard for the boat

Re: Holiday Options

Harvey Bay. I hired a place up there not long ago had room for about 5 boats. Plenty to do as well apart from fishing, not that you would be doing anything else. Estuary fishing, Land based, off shore and bay fishing plenty of options.

Andrew

burrum heads, i love the place, plenty of holiday rentals to pick from, offshore is about an hour away in good conditions. (50 odd k's by water) can get around most places in the river on +1 hr either side of low. i stayed at greavy's retreat, awesome house on the water. boat was out the front(6+meter paltey) but was always safe.
    or going south, brooms head. magicle little spot, bit od a dodgy bar to cross, but fishes well not that far off shore. seek local knowledge on bar.

cheers lippa

Check out Noosaville, We stay at portside and the boat can be tied up infront of your unit, the only downside is the trailer parking. It fits the bill for all of your requirements. Great spot for the family, I have young kids and its perfect.
    Trevor.

Mate Hervey is the spot for you. Great boat rmps at the harbour with a pontoon, fuel and bait. Easy acess to fish the bay or islands includinding up and down the inside of fraser for you and the kids. Safe clean and tidy beach with the main pier for a stroll of fish. Plenty of shops, cinema, resturants, pizza, macdonalds, red rooster etc. Hotels, rsl club, boat club. Fishing and tackle stores, bcf and bunnings warehouse. Accomendation is plentiful houses, units, apartments and caravan parks with cabins. If required secure boat storage is available at the marina which does have wash down facilitys.
    Mark

Mate i just got back from yamba great place you can get waterfront homes they range in price from 850-2500 here are some sites but if you want infor on yamba let me know cheers
    http://www.rent-a-home.com.au/
    http://www.realholidays.com.au/?rsf=google
    http://www.stayz.com.au/?s_cid=GAW:h..._Houses:635790

No contest.................... Hevey Bay

Mike

Nice and close to Brisbane,

Couran Cove on South Straddy.

Marina berth for guests boats.
    3 restaurants
    2 pools
    Large play ground for the kids
    Surf beach fishing
    inshore fishing on the broadwater
    water sports avtivities
    Variety of different accomadation , cabins to marina apartments.

www.ozstays.com/30843

Mick

cheers for that, i had always wondered, what couran had to offer.