Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese camper trailers

Question Chinese camper trailers

Saw an imported "offroad camper trailer" advertised in the trading post for a really low price ($3395), brand new and imported from China.

It includes gas bottle holder, jerry can holder and tool box. It has a 18x15 tent area and annex and apparently sleeps up to eight. Only trouble is I can't get to see one put up or set up, and there is no website or photos to have a closer look.

The quality of trailer and material all seem to stack up but just wondering if anyone has bought one or had any experience with them.

They almost look too good to go past.

Any comments please fellas/gals.

Thanks

Craig

Re: Chinese camper trailers

If the quality is typical of Chinese made goods I wouldn't bother with one myself.
    You are entitled to my opinion!
    -----------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by snatch View Post
    If the quality is typical of Chinese made goods I wouldn't bother with one myself.
    why not??? I can name some Chinese made goods that make our locally made items look like rubbish.

China can and does make anything that the buyer wants..you supply the specification, they make it to that.

Quote Originally Posted by liltuffy View Post
    Saw an imported "offroad camper trailer" advertised in the trading post for a really low price ($3395), brand new and imported from China.

It includes gas bottle holder, jerry can holder and tool box. It has a 18x15 tent area and annex and apparently sleeps up to eight. Only trouble is I can't get to see one put up or set up, and there is no website or photos to have a closer look.

The quality of trailer and material all seem to stack up but just wondering if anyone has bought one or had any experience with them.

They almost look too good to go past.

Any comments please fellas/gals.

Thanks

Craig
    Do a search for camper trailer on eBay and you will most likely see it there with heaps of photos. If not you will see something similar.

If they have a 14 or 15 ounce canvas and a good warranty they should be pretty robust.

Quote Originally Posted by snatch View Post
    Have to agree with Greg on ths one, partcularly wth campng gear and camp ovens. Some very very good products comng out of Chna.

[quote=Derek Bullock;950688]Do a search for camper trailer on eBay and you will most likely see it there with heaps of photos. If not you will see something similar.

If they have a 14 or 15 ounce canvas and a good warranty they should be pretty robust.

Thanks Derek, I was hoping you'd see this post.

I've looked at your setup and while I'm envious we have three kids and a limited budget.

The tent thing as well as all the associated gear gets to be a bit of a chore for the cheese and kisses and she said last night if we had a camper she'd go more often, we camp about 6-8 times a year in the bush and the beach.

The ebay thing seems a good option and I think I'll have a bit more detailed look, similar dollars for a few more options.

Thanks again

Craig

Inquiry Basket(0) | Sign In |

CNtrail Camp & Outdoor Products Co., Ltd.

HomeCompany InfoProduct List Offer List CooperationContact DetailsIndexSend Inquiry////Product Details

Camper Trailer Tent (CTT6005-TA)

Camper Trailer Tent (CTT6005-TA)
    Product Group: Camper Trailer Tent
    Product Description
    CTT6005-DA

FEATURE:

T/C(Polyester cotton) for Roof & Awning & Walls,12oz/13oz optional,Water proof .
    Double Awnings & Annex Walls
    New Designed Steel pole frame
    Marine Plywood with steel frame & two access panels,18mm thickness
    Grid PVC floor.
    8cm foam mattress standard(10cm/12cm/15cm optional)
    Steel Ladder
    Big windows
    Central height 260cm
    Four corners at same height, which makes the tent more wider to live in
    Model:CTT6005-TA

Other products from this company »

Camper Trailer Tent (CTT6006)

Camper Trailer Tent (CTT6007)

Fast-Open Camper Trailer Tent (CTT6001)

Camper Trailer Tent (CTT6005)
    Find More Products »

Product Groups: Camper Trailer Tent Relief Tent Roof Top Tent Caravan Awning Fishing Tent Camping Tent Army Products Family Tent Swag
    "My Showroom" service is provided by Made-in-China.com
    Made-in-China.com provides Product Catalog , Manufacturers / Suppliers , Quick Products & Trade Offers
    Quick Product:Tent, Camping Tent, Party Tent, Trailer Tent, Potentiometer, Patent Product
    Made-in-China.com - The world of "Made in China" online!
    Copyright © 2008 Focus Technology Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
    Your use of this website is subject to, and constitutes acknowledgement and acceptance of, our Terms & Conditions.
    A marriage licence should be like your fishing licence!
    Expires every year and you get a 3 day pass when you go interstate.

When we bought ours (Australian made) we asked the place that made ours what they thought of the chinese ones on the market.

His response (which I admire his honesty) was that the chinese have some of the best stitching quality around just make sure they are using good fabric.

- Darren

We recently bought an off road camper trailer which is labelled with a popular Australian brand. I have no doubt that the tent portion which simply bolts straight on to the top of the trailer is of Chinese/Korean origin. The trailer is made locally and quite sound..we parted with $5500 for this set up. The quality of the tent is in my opinion equal to the quality of a 'jackaroo' tent we have used countless times for over 20 years, so I am reasonably expecting to get a good run from this one. I remember about 40 years ago when no one would touch Japanese products..look at them now.

I dont know if this the brand of trailer your looking at but i do know that one camper trailer that was originally built in oz but has been taken over by another company and now built in china is camp/o/matic...... yes ill name and shame!!!
    a friend of mine bought one of the top of the range models and it was the biggest heaps of shit you have ever seen.

to start off with
    the gas line was never done up tight from the factory and the first time he lit the slide out bbq it blew up in his face.....he looked funny with no eyebrows..

then while half way up the cape the axel let go....looking in the mirrow all he could see was the wheel and hub getting draged along by the hand break cable, not a pretty sight....after closer inspection the hub was only welded on three sides and tore the metal at the welds .

then i dont know all the details but he had drames with the elect.....

so if this is what the chinese are puting out im pretty sure i wont be getting one....

cheers
    wayne

Got my Travelsleeper camper trailer for $5000 brand new. They are located via the entrance of the big cart track at landsbourgh on the sunshine coast.
    Good product worth the look.

I have an Australian made Aluminium camper trailer with Australian made 15oz canvas and it's been excellnt. Three years old now and stilllike new. Thinking of selling actually. pm me if you'd like more details.

Quote Originally Posted by boys play View Post
    We recently bought an off road camper trailer which is labelled with a popular Australian brand. I have no doubt that the tent portion which simply bolts straight on to the top of the trailer is of Chinese/Korean origin. The trailer is made locally and quite sound..we parted with $5500 for this set up. The quality of the tent is in my opinion equal to the quality of a 'jackaroo' tent we have used countless times for over 20 years, so I am reasonably expecting to get a good run from this one. I remember about 40 years ago when no one would touch Japanese products..look at them now.
    The Japanese have lifted their game a long way in 40 years. You would be truly staggered to learn how much Chinese made equipment fails. Their standards are still along way from Japans. There is no comparison.
    You are entitled to my opinion!
    -----------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    to start off with
    the gas line was never done up tight from the factory and the first time he lit the slide out bbq it blew up in his face.....he looked funny with no eyebrows..

then while half way up the cape the axel let go....looking in the mirrow all he could see was the wheel and hub getting draged along by the hand break cable, not a pretty sight....after closer inspection the hub was only welded on three sides and tore the metal at the welds .

cheers
    wayne
    There's a lot of Australian crap about too.
    Just have a gander how most box trailers are made. Spring shackles welded to the folded sheets that make the sides and floor or to a bit of angle iron running along the side.

You have to inspect the trailer yourself to what the go is.
    I really don't know how the welds on a hub let go. There isn't any welds there.

Where does the canvas come from that almost all of the Australian made tents come from??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Well, after looking around at quite a few, I've forked out a deposit and it comes Friday.

The ebay seller located in Kedron let me take it home to set up and have a proper look with the missus.

The trailer is made in Sydney, the 15oz tent is made in China and all the fittings, like watre tanks, pumps etc are fitted in Simon's shed at Kedron.

Final cost for a full offroad version including 15x18 tent, spare wheel, tradetools toolbox, 2x85 litre water tanks, plumbed pressure system as well as a few other bits and pieces was $5500. This didn't include a kitchen fitout as I reckon I'll build that myself for a fraction of the cost.

Very happy so far. If anyone wants his details pm me, nothing is too much trouble for this guy and he'll guarantee anything he supplies.

Craig

All my new Makita tools I have are now made in China, and Makita is a japanese company. That probably says something