Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese camper trailers

Re: Chinese camper trailers

Hi All.Hopefully not getting to far away from the subject however i worked for a Oz automotive wholesaler who had there own range of shocks made in china so good was the quality that some of Australia's best known aftermarket 4WD suspension suppliers approached us to have our shocks supplied direct to them from the manufacturer with there name engraved into them,many of you who have installed a lift kit to your 4WD's are probably riding around on them.Would be fair to say that our warranty rate on these was around 2%.At the time of my leaving a well known Oz vehicle maker was sounding us out to supply them front strut units has they were having no end of new vehicle warranty claims from there current supplier (australian made ).China is like most manufacturing countries,you can source crap but just as equally you can have good quality products made there.

Cheers Steve

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Angry Re: Chinese camper trailers

I havn't checked wher they're made, but there's a camper trailer set up in local BCF.

I didn't bother to check the tent, after I saw that the trailer is riveted and bolted together ( not very well ). It doesn't look like it would last very long on the highway, let alone offroad. The tailgate is held together by a single rivet in places.

And they're asking 6200 for it. I can't imagine that there is any way that this thing would last long.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by snatch View Post
    If the quality is typical of Chinese made goods I wouldn't bother with one myself.
    Are you speaking from a past bad experience or just flappin ya jaws. In my experience with the later chinese stuff they have realy got their act together and put out some great products.
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Quote Originally Posted by liltuffy View Post
    Well, after looking around at quite a few, I've forked out a deposit and it comes Friday.

The ebay seller located in Kedron let me take it home to set up and have a proper look with the missus.

The trailer is made in Sydney, the 15oz tent is made in China and all the fittings, like watre tanks, pumps etc are fitted in Simon's shed at Kedron.

Final cost for a full offroad version including 15x18 tent, spare wheel, tradetools toolbox, 2x85 litre water tanks, plumbed pressure system as well as a few other bits and pieces was $5500. This didn't include a kitchen fitout as I reckon I'll build that myself for a fraction of the cost.

Very happy so far. If anyone wants his details pm me, nothing is too much trouble for this guy and he'll guarantee anything he supplies.

Craig
    I am sure you will have many years of camping & family fun with the new camper trailer
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Craig, who's the dealer in Kedron? I can't find him on ebay

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Hi Kev, the dealer is "Red Hot Campers". They are at 26 Boothby st Kedron, Simon is his name on 0438399977. Talking with him yesterday they have been so busy he may not have one on ebay at the moment, but he will very soon. So far I am very happy with the product, it's been up for a week or so with lots of rain at home and no leaks. Give him a call if you want, he even let me take one home to set up and show the missus - no obligation, just goes to show the faith in his product and what sort of bloke he is.

Craig

Cheers Craig,

After weeks of debating and wanting a trailer tent, overnight, the missus is now leaning towards a jayco or similar pop top

Suits me, (less work putting it up), but where she thinks we'll park it with 2 cars and a boat in the garage is beyond me! If we get any more toys, she'll be wanting to move to acreage with a big shed next

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by griz066 View Post
    Are you speaking from a past bad experience or just flappin ya jaws. In my experience with the later chinese stuff they have realy got their act together and put out some great products.

I'm speaking from past experience. Thanks for asking.
    You are entitled to my opinion!
    -----------------------------------------

Hi All,
    I bought a chinese camper trailer top on ebay 18months ago for $1345 and then had a local trailer company make a trailer for $2600 to fit the top I bought, the trailer is heavy duty 4x4 fully galvanised, off road except for independant suspension all this for just under $4,000 the quality of the camper top is first rate stitching is excellent and we are more than pleased with the product.
    Cheers Robbo.

China can make crap products, and can make fantastci products, all depends. Problem on ebay you don't know and you might get unlucky, or lucky

we import alot from china

you pay crap and get greedy with huge markups the consumer ends up with crap

you pay for a good quality product and put in safe guards to monitor the production you end up with just as good as we can source here