Thread: New SHimano Curado

New SHimano Curado

hi guys
    i am looking at buying a new baitcast reel and the shimano curado looks the goods. WHat i was wondering was which model i should get, eithr the 200 E7, or 200 E5, with a 7:1 and 5:1 gear ration respectively. I will mainly be using it for murray cod use with diving lures, spinnerbaits, trolling etc, but with a change of line it will also be used on occasions that i got on a trips chasing barra or bass.
    any opinions and reasons would be appreciated as to the most appropriate gear ratio for this use
    cheers
    aadam

Re: New SHimano Curado

I have the E7 i find the gearing to my liking,it's used as a casting reel.

If your going to use it as an allrounder i'd suggest the E5,

One of the smoothest reel's i've ever used.

Dan.....

yea mate iv got the e5,use it mainly for topwater and its great.if your thinking of chucking slickrigs or jackall or the like,id opt for the e7. i was using a jackall the other day for a bit but found it hard going after a while.
    chewy...

cant fault the E5 mate awsome reel for the money. sounds liek the e5 would be a better option for you slow rolling for cod and barra, for me i find it easier to wind faster been out plenty of time fishin for jack day dreaming and finally notice i have been winding a bit fast