Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22sse , 4 mtre swell, would you go out

22sse , 4 mtre swell, would you go out

title says it all , see breeze shows this for saturday off maroochydore , would you still take your boat out

Re: 22sse , 4 mtre swell, would you go out

Quote Originally Posted by nufin_flash View Post
    title says it all , see breeze shows this for saturday off maroochydore , would you still take your boat out

Why would you even think about it?

Cheers

VS

Nope, you will be leaving all the fishing fun at the boat ramp.

cheers fnq

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin Sea View Post
    Why would you even think about it?

Cheers

VS

not me, were taking the tinny in the river , but a mate of mine is planning a trip out , have started calling his boat the ss minnow

If he decides to go out I can see the headlines now:

SS Minnow, sunk by Capt Numbnuts in 4m Swell

Seriously, I would recommend your mate get his head checked if he's even considering going out in that

Quote Originally Posted by nufin_flash View Post
    Only if I was feeling suicidal...........

SS Minnow, sunk by Capt Numbnuts in 4m Swell

Seriously, I would recommend your mate get his head checked if he's even considering going out in that[/quote]

Nice one Scott

depends on alot of things mainly the size of the boat. been out im weather like that plenty but always in a boat bigger than 25ft mainly because we were on holidays and only had a 2 week period to go out. if it was my local spot then no i would find something better to do as i have always been told no fish is worth dying for!!

Depends, is it for fishing or for a bet?

No problems at all,not a second thought about it,I just wouldnt leave the river

Cheers Craig

I think a few of the above posters are being a little harsh! If the swell is infact 4m ( which i doubt at mooloolabar) and the wind does reach 22knots we'll it would be pretty uncomfortable but provided the skipper has a bit of sea smarts and takes his time he'll get out and back with no real trouble provided the bar isn't cracking at a dangerous level! The biggest issues with seas like that is it's bloody hard on the skipper and crew and bloody hard on the boat and any gear in the boat eg. tackle, reels, esky's radio's etc!

I spent plenty of time in that rubbish( and worse) last year trolling and it certainly gives you a work out but i've had plenty of little electrical issues in the boat since!!!

Ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

its a little reef runner , not more than 5meters , some people just cant listen to reason,

"
    You really think the waves are going to be that big behind old women island ?

Thats why i have a license and alot more boating experience. "

his reply to mine and everyone else i know objections to him going out

5 meter boat in 4 metere swell & 22knt sse. let him go, it's one less we will have to wait for at the ramp on the good weekends.
    cheers
    rick

Do what I am going to do...chuck a sickie tomorrow, go fishing and when Saturday comes around I might just fish from the bank...

To put it bluntly the problem is that if this d@#$head does go out and gets into trouble then there are other people who are or feel obligated to put their live at risk trying to save him.
    Mark