Thread: Fishing Trip 1 week - no wifes allowed..

Fishing Trip 1 week - no wifes allowed..

Hi.
    Has anyone got any suggestions for a good fishing trip with the Boys. Each year i gather about 12 fellas together and Go somewhere in QLD or the Northern territory. We have been to Cobourg beach huts (now closed) in Arnham land and Weipa. We are looking for something quite remote but not to $$$. 2k-3k.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Re: Fishing Trip 1 week - no wifes allowed..

Haver you considered a week on a charter like the Norval on the Swains? Scotty runs a top show, good food, heaps of fish and a great time to be had by all...a little different to a land based gig, but it does fall into your budget

cheers

rhys

Quote Originally Posted by revs57 View Post
    Haver you considered a week on a charter like the Norval on the Swains? Scotty runs a top show, good food, heaps of fish and a great time to be had by all...a little different to a land based gig, but it does fall into your budget

cheers

rhys
    I second that, top set up. 10 people, get up, eat, fish, drink, fish, eat, fish, drink, drink, eta, fush, drank, fshi, drunk, hfis, rdikn, spew. can't think of a better way to burley.

All in moderation of course,,you can have a few but don't go overboard otherwise you may just end up overboard.

Dave
    Avast ye matey!

Check out Cape Capricorn Lighthouse Escape website. We go there for a week each year. Regardless of the wind there is some form of fishing you can do. Estuary, reef and pelagics are all on tap along with mud crabs. It is at the top end of Curtis Island, about an hour by boat from Gladstone and yet remote. There is a wreck about 1nm from the lighthouse. Highly recommend it.

Chilli Beach Cape York nuff said
    Jack.

Hi marsbars if your looking for a good spot maybe you should head bush and try windorah out and fish coopers creek.Done it a few times with some mates and we all had a blast.

How about you hire a house boat for a week or so on the Hinchinbrook Channel. Will be in your price range and there is miles of creeks to hit up there including secluded areas on the other side of the island like Missionary Bay. There is some awesome sport fishing around the sugar loading jetty with massive GT, queenies, fingermark and mackeral and if the weather is good you can sneek outside and fish around the Palm Islands or chase reef fish. Plenty of options.... might even have to join you myself.

Hi we go on a father son trip to moreton each year for 5 days been doing it for about 5 years, great fun be a lot cheaper. but i like the idea of north qld may have to hit up the guys cheers all

The other half has been on several trips with Aurukun Fishing Charters, always has a blast and catches bucketloads of barra (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=103760)

I hope all the wives are going to get together to cut loose somewhere.

might be to close to home for some, but i think fraser island.

You want real remote?.......Bluey Vaughn's camp.......One tree point the Kimberly

Quote Originally Posted by Dan5 View Post
    You want real remote?.......Bluey Vaughn's camp.......One tree point the Kimberly
    His place looks really good, but bugger him.......... he couldn't give us a civil answer to an email.

masthead islet and north west island off gladstone are pretty remote. you need to take your own EVERYTHING but great coral reefs and nobody around. only thing is its national park and no fires allowed. only 60 clicks off gladstone - best camping trip i've been on and i know another 8 blokes who will back me up. cost 9 blokes about $500 each of which most was spent paying a charter operator to tow three tinnies out there and pick us up a week later(6 years ago). should leave you plenty of $ for extra beer, tackle and whatever else.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!