Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flourocarbon leader..who uses it and why???

Re: Flourocarbon leader..who uses it and why???

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Sm .... dont be confused with a bite through compared to abrasion resistence ........ not quite the same
    your flatty would have worn through a 6lb FC ....... but that same flatty could also wear through a 12lb mono ........ I see this in barra fishing all the time

I see Fc leaders being an advantage when it is being dragged over rock , oysters etc ....... I'm convinced that a 6lb FC will handle it better than a 6lb mono

Chris
    The Flatty I hooked last year at the shultz canal (Brisbane QLD), a spot I used to spend some time flicking some plastics and honing my soft plastic skills.

And for some reason the flatties there seemed to be terrible headshakers (must be somthing in the water, they really go off), so yeah even a small one with violent headshakes will saw through it in a few seconds.

But it was only 6lb.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    except if ur using schnieder mono as leader then nothing wears through it.
    seriously though ill give it a go.
    though i do still use fireline on some outfits too
    I too use fireline Chew .... in 4 & 6lb for my spin gear ..... Why ? Because it is stiff as and is less susceptible to wind knots ...... no other reason

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by struktcha_man View Post
    The Flatty I hooked last year at the shultz canal (Brisbane QLD), a spot I used to spend some time flicking some plastics and honing my soft plastic skills.

And for some reason the flatties there seemed to be terrible headshakers (must be somthing in the water, they really go off), so yeah even a small one with violent headshakes will saw through it in a few seconds.

But it was only 6lb.

cheers

mate flatties are like that ........ I lost a really big one last week but it was only on light FC ......... if you hook one deep .... they can take out 15lb without dramas

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I use flourocarbon leader because it's invisible underwater and it's thin.
    I catch alot more fish with plastics and a fluro leader than a mono leader.

Tom