Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 80.00%
  • No

1 5.00%
  • Maybe

3 15.00%

Thread: Bream on Fly comp?? Whats your thoughts?

Bream on Fly comp?? Whats your thoughts?

A few people including myself have been toying with the idea of having a "Bream on Fly" comp, similar to the "Bass on Fly" comp that our club holds.
    What are your thoughts?

Cheers
    Bill

Thumbs up Re: Bream on Fly comp?? Whats your thoughts?

We've held a couple of these down the Sth Coast and prove very popular. Without knowing your location, can't comment on numbers you will get but if your in Sydney it should do well.

Let us know I'm sure some of our locals would love to wave the long wand

Dave

Re: Bream on Fly comp?? Whats your thoughts?

what would the format be Bill ?
    same as the bass comp ? two day , live weigh in ?

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

No details have even been mentioned as yet. Just putting the feelers out.
    Would probably be along the lines of the Bass on Fly comp. 2 days, 1 session each day, live weigh in. I'm thinking the boundaries would be inside Caloundra Bar down to end of Bribie at the jetty at Bongaree.
    All hypertheticals at the moment.
    Bill

What a great idea, pumicstone has lots of good spots for bream that don't get the pressure that the goldie gets

Smile Re: Bream on Fly comp?? Whats your thoughts?

Hi all,
    I think a bream on fly would go off well. There is plenty of interrest in bream on the wand around the traps. I an tying some booby pattens at the moment to have a crack at some cannal bream on the goldy tomorrow. Chis mentioned these in an earlier thread, so I thought I would give them a go tomorrow. I will let the lads at the SEQFF's monthly meeting know and feed back to this thread. Great idea Bill. Craig, will have to catch up for a fish soon.
    Happy new year to you all.
    Jeff.
    Fly rods were made to bend!

you can count me in for sure. its about the only thing i can catch with a fly hehe. will bread flys be leagle in the comp. im spuwing i could not make it to the bass comp last year
    figjam :wink:

hey all i live at bribie and the bream have been running in the passage and out in the bay and i think its a good idea its a great place 4 fishing
    what dates were we looking at??

Thanks, Brendan.c

Brendan, no dates have been set. I spoke breifly to our club captain about holding this event. Will speak to them again after the tuna comp is over.
    It was mentioned to have this event as a social gathering, but with a bit of a competition as well.
    Will advise if we decide to go ahead with it.
    Cheers
    Bill