Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ebay beware again - Premium Fishing Auctions

Re: ebay beware again - Premium Fishing Auctions

For me, feebay used to be good, it was like the open air market that I could never get to without the internet: full of second hand and hardly used bargains.... gradually it became flooded with absolute cheap asian garbage, so much so that you are damend lucky to find anything else. Feebay won't do anything about it because these marketeers are the ones selling thousands of items and paying the fees that feebay loves.

All I will do now on feebay is to search on a brand name that I know, or take the "used" filter that limits me to second hand stuff. That will limit the number of items from say 2000 down to maybe 6.

Sorry you got ripped off, I think we all have been. I am not going to say it is your own fault and you should have bought local etc.

I would really like to meet some of these dudes though.

yep used to be good.
    i might start selling my gear for the price of the postage
    and charge postage for what i want for my gear. ebay does not charge you fee's for the postage cost's.this seem's to be what most of them are doing..

Not being mean, just wondering why we are bring back an old thread? (No need to answer that question!)

I agree with some things said, and some that in my opinion are wrong... but thats whats great about ausfish, we can (most of the time) have opinions.

Lets just say, I wouldent have alot of the fishing gear I have now, at the prices I found them for without ebay, not to mention the many friends I have made and the contacts I now have.

Bandit.
    Cheers, Bandit

Tracker Avalanche V18 DC - 175 EFI Mercury OptiMax
    Quintrex 475 TopEnder - 60 EFI Yamaha 4 Stroke

i just tried to buy something from this mob, premium fishing auctions (i hadnt read this thread prior) and they stuffed me on the deal. i used their 'make an offer' button and we negotiated, then when i made the commitment to buy they wouldnt honour the deal. i tried to reason with them and they refused to budge, blamed everything on their automated systems and then put an unpaid item strike on my ebay account!! ebay read all the exchanges and promptly removed it, but you gotta watch out for these guys...

No one has mentioned the buyer protection thingo e-bay has if you purchase with paypal.
    We've used it to great effect. ie got out money back including postage.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    No one has mentioned the buyer protection thingo e-bay has if you purchase with paypal.
    We've used it to great effect. ie got out money back including postage.
    I'll mention it.... About christmas time two years ago I bought a Penn 920 baitcaster (originals of these in good nick are getting very expensive and are as rare as rocking horse exhaust) over in the U.Sof A on eBay. Seller tried to stitch one on by sending an obviously completely different (in much worse condition than the one he claimed was in his description - supposedly corrosion free, everything working smoothly etc) reel that had oodles more corrosion and in fact the levelwind didn't work etc. I originally took this up with the seller and he claimed that as he hadn't got the dollars he expected for the sale he sent me another reel comensurate with the winning bid amount....

The big clincher were the photos that formed part of the description as they pointed to it being a late model version with the stainless reel stand etc. The one that showed-up in the post was an early model with a different stand. The seller then re-listed the original reel which pointed to the obvious scam. I lodged a complaint case outlining what happened with reference to the photos etc and in no time the $$ were refunded to me (including postage) and paypal debitted the guys account for my return postage of the item back to the original seller, leaving him out of pocket for his efforts.

Buyer protection worked OK in my instance.

Still some good bargains to be had, but you do have to be careful and experience is at a premium. 100% feedback score or very very close to it, with a lot of 'items sold'.......being able to read between the lines of less than perfect descriptions, dodgy pics etc, good feedback comments and yes, PayPal is a very good thing.
    In saying this, I think things have deteriorated for sellers, feebay is an apt description; great for the buyer tho' IMHO.
    Pert near a flippin' genius the lad who got both PayPal and Facebook together, certainly have a bob or two by now lol!
    Cheers.

I did the eBay thing when we were first setting up, and scored a set of four secondhand Penn overheads off the board here.

The eBay reels varied in quality, but none came close to the Penn's.

We have had the opportunity to hook up to a few decent sized critters, and on one occasion the eBay reel being used decided to let go and the spinning handle almost broke my thumb. Lost the fish, got the shits and called into the tackle shop on the way home and bought a brace of Shimano Tekotas. Probably heavier than we really need, but in part due to my impatience as the 700's were the only size in stock.

That said, another 18 mths down the track, we still use the Penn's occasionally, and all of the eBay reels clagged out. Yes they got doused in salt water, but so did the Shimanos.

Using the cheap reels off eBay is OK if you are seeing if you like fishing, but I woudl recommend that you dismantle and grease properly and expect not to get a smooth an action as Shimano, Daiwa or event eh cheapie Penn's that Kmart sell.

The problem with lessons like this is you only learn them from experience.

As to the shysters, they are everywhere, ebay is just a convenient channel for them to operate.

Read up on how to use eBay effectively and you will be much better off.

Cheers

Thy

forgot to mention yes i make lure's and yes i am getting sick of these blokes on
    ebay selling this cheap junk.i have seen some of them and the only thin pretty
    about them is they are pretty cheap rubbish. yes i do sell on that site also but
    at the price they are worth.and at the correct postage price. there is also other ausfishers trying to make a few also ..
    but how are we going to compete with this rubbish from china.

Yalta whining wont change anything as the world is awash with cheap junk and our cities are full of wharehouses selling all kinds of cheap crap only because people buy it!

If you cant compete just find a better way to make money. If youre making lures to sell becuase you like doing it and your not able to get a good return in the market, then just get over the romance and find another way to sell your gear or make money thru another method.
    Overall, I find that anyone complaining about the way the web is used whether Fleabay or whatever, is fighting a loosing battle. The internet and online shopping is hear to stay and more and more people are using this option for purchase.
    If they buy rubbish, then rubbish they have bought. Old saying, "the poor always buy twice" is never more true than its association with this issue.

It wont change , just get smarter. Personally I love using fleabay, as I have made thousands on it and gotten myself the most amazing deals as well. Just have to use your brain and make wise decisions.

In reference to Pelagic Extreme reels, if you do your research you will find a few they sell are top value made by OMOTO. But dont rely on me just read read read
    Cheers
    John

Ausfish Platinum Member - R.I.P. October 2015 dayoo's Avatar

I have purchased a number of rods and reels of Premium Fishing Auctions but only Omoto reels and the pelagic offshore rods.

The Omoto reels are good value and if looked after will last many years.

The Pelagic rods were unbreakable but the runners were weak and only lasted 12 months. Replacing the runners yourself with Fuji runners is not expensive and as the rods were less than $30 delivered they are a bargain.
    I see that the rods now come with Fuji runners so there must have been a few complaints.

Cheers
    Barry

Premium fishing auctions:
    For those that want to see the products before you buy these guys have a public showroom. Now, not everyone lives nearby, but the fact that you can go and see it before you buy it means that to many it is their 'local fishing shop'.
    Many ebay sellers work from home address and just import/export from their garage.

Anyway, I have bought many products from these guys and you basically get what you pay for.

Plato
    Sales Support

If you have any sales related enquiries please don’t hesitate to contact us on
    +61-3-9763 7922.
    Customer Service Hours are Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5.30pm (Melbourne time).
    Our direct to public showroom is located at 10 Kingsley Close, Rowville, Victoria 3178.

i have recently purchased 3 reels and 2 rods + braid etc from Premium Fishing Auctions. All the Pelagic brand as i have one from years ago that has been through it all and still going strong and has landed me many many fish so i didnt see the point in spending $200+ on reels etc. I had a top line reel once that shat itself so quickly. my little reels are all 10 s/s ball bearing and i look after them.

Theyre deliverey to the gold coast took 2 days...

In regards to lures, my bro inlaw imports lures/plastics/spinnerbaits from china, and these cost an absolute fraction of the price of well know brands and we have caught as many if not more fish on those ones. i think the distributors of the big brand stuff need a reality check into their mark ups. There are a few things that i agree u get what u pay for, im mainly just speaking from things i HAVE USED not in general. i dont comprehend spending $150+ reel $150+ rod $25+ lures for myself when for 1/2 that my 3 reels, 2 rods, braid and some lures will catch me fish. im not expert on fishing, i try to go twice a week. but i just enjoy being out there catchin stuff.

when i went to fiji we were on a sailing boat trolling. they had 2 hhighly expensive game rods, all the tricks etc etc. and 1 rope with a block of wood and a feathered lure he made. we got a spanyiard on the rope. i laughed and the fijian said, we have never caught a thing on the game rods, always on the rope. crazy stuff

Ben...

funny as im typing this another fishing rod i bought from them 2 days ago just got delivered :-)

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    forgot to mention yes i make lure's and yes i am getting sick of these blokes on
    ebay selling this cheap junk.i have seen some of them and the only thin pretty
    about them is they are pretty cheap rubbish. yes i do sell on that site also but
    at the price they are worth.and at the correct postage price. there is also other ausfishers trying to make a few also ..
    but how are we going to compete with this rubbish from china.

Yalta whining wont change anything as the world is awash with cheap junk and our cities are full of wharehouses selling all kinds of cheap crap only because people buy it!

If you cant compete just find a better way to make money. If youre making lures to sell becuase you like doing it and your not able to get a good return in the market, then just get over the romance and find another way to sell your gear or make money thru another method.
    Overall, I find that anyone complaining about the way the web is used whether Fleabay or whatever, is fighting a loosing battle. The internet and online shopping is hear to stay and more and more people are using this option for purchase.
    If they buy rubbish, then rubbish they have bought. Old saying, "the poor always buy twice" is never more true than its association with this issue.

It wont change , just get smarter. Personally I love using fleabay, as I have made thousands on it and gotten myself the most amazing deals as well. Just have to use your brain and make wise decisions.

In reference to Pelagic Extreme reels, if you do your research you will find a few they sell are top value made by OMOTO. But dont rely on me just read read read
    Cheers
    John
    john thanks for your reply to a post that is near on two years old..
    and i'am not here to give them a plug.
    since my bussiness has been operating for 30yrs sending them all around the world i think i may have a good bussiness plan in place and yes you could say i like making them.at least i can honestly sit here and say that i made that lure and put our brand onto it and caught that fish for them.i cannot force people to buy them.i do not throw them dowm peoples throats saying if you use a full spread of my lures you to will catch fish and so on.i'am not running a get rich quick scheme i sell them for not much more than it cost me to make them. that's why people buy them and those same people come back to me.the real arguement with this thread is that the consumer is getting pretty sick of being ripped off.next time your checking out new high end gear have a look to see where it is made.