Thread: Tide or Sun, whats more important?

Tide or Sun, whats more important?

I guess its species specific, but generally, whats more important when fishing, is it the tide change or waking up early going or out late thats going to land you more fish? Specifically I'm targetting Snapper, but I'd welcome any feedback.

Re: Tide or Sun, whats more important?

Heya Kzrocky

Some species really like to work to certain stages of the tides others the light changes and snapper a bit of both. A few other things that will complicate how snapper feed is water clarity and whether they are in hunting mode or scavenging.

Shallow areas can be very dependendant on light and are beest fished dusk dawn and dark. For deeper areas the tides are usually most important imo.

Best tides can be dependant on your method of fishing. Some areas fish better on the flood others on the ebb but too much or too little run can kill an area. Throw in the wind to change things even more and I am sure things have now become clear as mud for you.

I recon they both play a big part, but personally tides affect me the most.

As im an estuary fisher i fish jettys, rivers, sandflats, creeks ect, and i find that the tide affects the fish more and it triggers feeding time. Bout 1hr 30m either side of the tide change is best, but when it become dead low or high tide i find that the fishing slows down and hardly any bites.

But even still, i always fish in the evening and into dusk through to night.

Cam
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Quote Originally Posted by straddie View Post
    Heya Kzrocky
    Throw in the wind to change things even more and I am sure things have now become clear as mud for you.

Thanks, now you have added another variable, I forgot about wind change, next you will be mentioning pressure systems and moons? OMG

LOL - welcome to the world of the fishing finatic.

Greg