Thread: Where can i find millerrods?

Where can i find millerrods?

In Brisbane. I'm looking at another spin rod mostly for bass. 7ft ish to suit a 2000 certate or 2500 stella and 8-10lb line. Something i can screw the drag up on when i'm in the timber. Most of the rods i've looked at already aren't doing it for me. Any other recomendations are welcome also.

Re: Where can i find millerrods?

mullet gut marine (07) 4632 9770

jim

Have you tried tackle warehouse???

Hi Jeremy 87 tackle world Sandgate has a good selection of the mew Miller Raider rods at a very good price.
    If you call Gordon he will give you all the good oil on what you may require.
    I have no affiliation to Tackle world just a healthy respect for the local man.
    regards
    Michael

Jeremy:

If you are talking Ian Miller rods - not with Shimano branding - you can not find them. You have to deal with Ian direct. Pain in trhe back side if you want to view....

I ended up calling him direct.

just got off the phone with him really nice guy helpful as anything.

Has given me the specs and approx prices including shipping.

I’ll pm you with the rest of the details.

We might get one each put them in the same tube to save postage mate.

His email is ian@milerods.com.au

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JustQ View Post
    Jeremy:

If you are talking Ian Miller rods - not with Shimano branding - you can not find them. You have to deal with Ian direct. Pain in trhe back side if you want to view....
    Thats not 100% correct.

Both Mullet Gut marine and Fish N Bits carry the Millerod range. Its a bit of a hike but if they have what you want in stock well its worth the trip.

Also speak to Ian directly and tell him what rods you want to look at. Chances are there are a few anglers who have a whole stock pile of his rods and normally they are quite happy to show you the rods.

I only have bream millers so I cannot help, but there are a heap of bass guys that visit this forum and others that would be able to let you see the gear before making the trip out to Tawoomba.

Cheers

Lee

Mo Tackle have got 'em too and they do pretty good deals on delivery...
    u can order online
    "...a voice in my head keeps telling me to go fishing..."

Cheers for the replies guys. Jim an I are going to head up to Towoomba in a couple of weeks to check them out when they get some stock in.

The Miller Rods (that I think are great) are often listed under the Shimano product range.

But when I was surfing the rods section of the "Mo_ T" site I found the Ian Miller Millenium Series listed by themselves under the 'other' category.

Might be worth a squizz. See below:

Other
    Ian Miller Millennium Series

Bass Magnum; 5'4"; 3-6kg;1
    Finesse Bass; 6'6"; 3-6kg;2
    Ultralite Bass; 5'10"; 3-6kg;2
    Mega Bass; 5'8"; 3-7kg;2

Price: $239+
    "...a voice in my head keeps telling me to go fishing..."

Quote Originally Posted by PNG1M View Post
    The Miller Rods (that I think are great) are often listed under the Shimano product range.

But when I was surfing the rods section of the "Mo_ T" site I found the Ian Miller Millenium Series listed by themselves under the 'other' category.

Might be worth a squizz. See below:

Other
    Ian Miller Millennium Series

Bass Magnum; 5'4"; 3-6kg;1
    Finesse Bass; 6'6"; 3-6kg;2
    Ultralite Bass; 5'10"; 3-6kg;2
    Mega Bass; 5'8"; 3-7kg;2

Price: $239+
    Think were talking different rods here mate. I'm not after the ian miller designed mass produced shimano rods (though definately good kit). I'm talking the custom made jobs were you send an email off to Ian and tell him what you want and how you want it made and he builds it up for you. The millennium range from his web site start at $995. I was after something like the normal bass buster or the long cast etc for about $600