Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

Quote Originally Posted by whykickacatalong View Post
    Now be truthful. I myself think that the more people trolling is a very good thing and I think highly of them. Means that there are less people dragging lures through the sticks where the tough barra sit.

No mate ....... because the trollers also try to go between me & a point that I may be casting to ......... gee I hate that

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Well I never realised I was in the presence of the caped crusader " Truth Justice & the Trollers way" - Trev .. time to get off the high horse & stop trying to play the victimised poor soul (specially when there is no victimisation) - Just opinion ........ on merit
    You & anyone else can troll away & catch as many big barra as you like - its no skin off my nose - I'll think no more or less of anyone that does so

On the question of undersized fish ...... why ask Each fish is returned anyway ..... be it undersized , legal or XOS - Ahhhh but thats another controversial topic in its own right

Chris
    Chris,

No high horse here, but you put up the opinion and don't want others to respond. Putting labels on people as in youR comment above is not on.

No one calling you names or labels, just comments that are real.

You know why the question on undersize fish, if you can label people as trollers and their fish (legally caught and size) should not count, how then can undersize fish be eligible for entry in a competition. That is fair comment.

I like and enjoy all types of fishing and respect everyones right to fish his/her way so long as they do it legally.

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Chris,

No high horse here, but you put up the opinion and don't want others to respond. Putting labels on people as in youR comment above is not on.

No one calling you names or labels, just comments that are real.

You know why the question on undersize fish, if you can label people as trollers and their fish (legally caught and size) should not count, how then can undersize fish be eligible for entry in a competition. That is fair comment.

I like and enjoy all types of fishing and respect everyones right to fish his/her way so long as they do it legally.

Trev

Gee ... It was insinuated that I'm a boaster , discriminator & described as elitist & you dont like labels
    Calling someone a troller - is just a desription ( not a label) .... no different to fly fishoe! ....... You can call me a "CASTER" if you like ...... some may say tosser

Undersized fish (barra) during a tournament are eligable - Why ? - because they are only measured & photographed - (all released) , no different to what happens day in day out ........ If they were put in a live well (like bass & bream comps) - you'd have a problem .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Gee ... It was insinuated that I'm a boaster , discriminator & described as elitist & you dont like labels
    Calling someone a troller - is just a desription ( not a label) .... no different to fly fishoe! ....... You can call me a "CASTER" if you like ...... some may say tosser

Undersized fish (barra) during a tournament are eligable - Why ? - because they are only measured & photographed - (all released) , no different to what happens day in day out ........ If they were put in a live well (like bass & bream comps) - you'd have a problem .

Chris
    My ten cents worth Chris only the ABT events ...The Bassin events ...The Barra/basstastic.... and the Minnibucks events only legal fish count..

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    My ten cents worth Chris only the ABT events ...The Bassin events ...The Barra/basstastic.... and the Minnibucks events only legal fish count..
    Thanks Trev

It doesn't matter really ...... everyone fishes under the same rules

besides ..... i much prefer catching big barra

Have a great Chrissy Trev

cheers

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I WAS JUST THINKING (under the bed)

HEY WITH THE STRONG SUPPORT FOR TROLLING ......... We could turn the Mondy Muster into a trolling event

sorry you guys ....

PS ..... My post count is ticking - keep it going 5000 posts before 2009
    it mighjt have to be the trolling muster for us ones who are suppose to get the snip i hope yous havent wussed out on me yet lol

Thanks Trev

It doesn't matter really ...... everyone fishes under the same rules

besides ..... i much prefer catching big barra

Have a great Chrissy Trev

cheers

chris
    yes i know you do but whitey catchs the biggest lol and on a old reel too( go the abu 6000) still one of the best made ) that you reckon wouldnt hold up how do ya feel chris like that song low low low low ( i reckon thats why ya got to make sure you get a bigger one casting got to beat whitey lol
    i reckon he would even beat ya trolling too
    all serious the winner is fishing isnt it we all love it in all shapes or form please lets not end up like the american with egos beyond control no matter who you are or what you do or who is the best we all end up with the same result
    bad IBD or( loose the state of origin ) lol damm its great being a queenslander

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    it mighjt have to be the trolling muster for us ones who are suppose to get the snip i hope yous havent wussed out on me yet lol
    If it means I can't cast....

Hey Simon,.

I had forgotten about that plan....Sarah hasn't

I am still in mate Not looking forward to it!!

I just have to stock up on frozen peas!! And beer. We can troll around together......bring on the handline comp!!

steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Hey Simon,.

I had forgotten about that plan....Sarah hasn't

I am still in mate Not looking forward to it!!

I just have to stock up on frozen peas!! And beer. We can troll around together......bring on the handline comp!!

steve
    yeah well have to see if they do it in bundy i suppose i gather 1300 docto snip aint in gin gin but for sure im troll just so i can be on the water after the recovery time

If you've travelled a fair distance to fish a river/impoundment wherever,its usually a planned and looked for occasion so if you've spent time and good money and have had no luck all weekend and you get a ripper fish on the troll,that would obviously make your weekend/week whatever.So.on that score of course trolling should count.Lets face it,theres a rod,reel,line,lure involved,you've still got to get it to the boat and who's to say it won't head towards some kind of structure, its fishing isn't it.So long as your not using a net,except a landing net,go girl get amongst them.Just my two bobs worth,Merry Christmas all.
    Paulo

This is a case of playing the ball not the man. Trolling is linked to inexperienced anglers therefore 'trollers' are often stereotyped and the technique tends to get unfairly denegrated. Putting people in boxes based on technique tends to be the way of human nature but it doesn't make it right.

To suggest a fish's value is reduced based purely on the method of presenting the lure to the fish seems somewhat odd.

I think it was OK to suggest (as it was it a previous thread) that the number of barras are so plentiful now in some places anyone (experianced or not) can go out and get a big one therefore the iconic status of the metre fish is no longer as meaningful as it once was. Where the logic falls down is asociating that loss of value to a technique when there other more relevent factors involved.

yeah well have to see if they do it in bundy i suppose i gather 1300 docto snip aint in gin gin but for sure im troll just so i can be on the water after the recovery time
    Not me mate bloody trolling sooks.... I will tie a lure on the end and flick it just wrap a ice pack around the hangers...

Yeah I am soon just got to get through summer I got barra trips to do!

Hi guys,
    Each to their own, but for me casting it is. Trolling is now comparable to bait fishing in my mind, to dull. If i'm going to fall asleep I may as well do it in a bed where there is no danger of costing me money( loosing gear, running into stuff or other boats). Maybe one day things will change but its not my current agenda.

Cheers,
    Todd.
    Sponsored by;
    Too much work, not enough fishing.
    Other sponsors most welcome.

Do whatever rocks ya boat boys (and girl) If you are casting your arms off and are not coming up trumps then why not troll if you have a sneaky plan that just might work. Vice versa...if you are trolling (whether asleep (Tony) or not) and it is not working on the day...change tact...you'd be mad not to.

As for legal/undersize, I'm C&R 150% so it doesn't matter two hoots to me...they all go back to fight another day anyway....thrill of the hunt, mateship, a few laughs and de-stressing, and of course brag rights at the end of the day...to whoever will listen to ya...all in the name of jest and motivation of course.

My personal preference.....casting, but I will troll any day of the week if that's what's paying the wages on the day. Why rule yourself out of all legitimate fish catching options...bit like refusing to play the reverse sweep in a cricket game because the traditionalists say you should not be able to score runs that way.

All legal options are merit-worthy...each of us just have different applications to reach our goals.....mine this year is barra on fly.

Cheers and a safe and Merry Christmas everyone.

Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"