Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Too late to include a poll?
    What question would you ask on the poll ??

Many (most) here agree that it really doesn't matter ..... trolling or cast - but how many will put on the water & troll by choice ...... Why ? .......
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Exactly................................

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

If you are having no joy after exhaustive casting would you continue to flog the casting or try trolling as a method of catching a fish?

Is it the case that they might not be biting on the cast but may take a trolled offering?

i.e. use the method most effective on the day or persist with your preferred method regardless.

Perhaps this is called angling?

Chris, ARE YOU HERE YET? ARE YOU HERE YET?
    Last edited by darylive; 02-01-2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: smell check DOH

The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

G'Day Chris.....good to see u back.....how were the Bream nice and kind
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Ive just wasted my time and read this thread. Notice the increasing decline of really skilled fishos on here? No wonder with this kind of endless elistst threads, a truly hijacked Chat is Freshwater.
    I hope it changes in 2009.
    Just let people relax and enjoy fishing, how intense are the people who put up these kind of threads. Make a contribution, not thinly veiled intolerance seeping through wordy witty threads.
    Barraboy7
    " Fishing is not a hobby, a Hobby is something I do in my spare time! "

Quote Originally Posted by Barraboy7 View Post
    Ive just wasted my time and read this thread. Notice the increasing decline of really skilled fishos on here? No wonder with this kind of endless elistst threads, a truly hijacked Chat is Freshwater.
    I hope it changes in 2009.
    Just let people relax and enjoy fishing, how intense are the people who put up these kind of threads. Make a contribution, not thinly veiled intolerance seeping through wordy witty threads.
    Barraboy7
    Sorry you feel this way Barraboy ........ I guess yours is not such a thinly veiled remark though . Now for the benefit of all - please start typing........... Pearls of Wisdom

Chris

PS ....... Intolerance seeping through :huh: :sad: :shocked:
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    G'Day Chris.....good to see u back.....how were the Bream nice and kind
    Hi Whitto ........ I had a bit of fun ( difficult!) I fished some tough conditions & structure ....... with reasonable results ( more memorable for - the ones that got away than ones landed .......... )

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

If you are having no joy after exhaustive casting would you continue to flog the casting or try trolling as a method of catching a fish?

Is it the case that they might not be biting on the cast but may take a trolled offering?

i.e. use the method most effective on the day or persist with your preferred method regardless.

Perhaps this is called angling?

Chris, ARE YOU HERE YET? ARE YOU HERE YET?

Daryl

Let me put it this way ........ When I go fly fishing for trout & I have a bad day - I dont throw on a celta or tassie devil same as >
    If I have a bad day luring bream - I dont throw out a yabby or worm.

Maybe its just me & what I believe "angling" is

Chris

Disclaimer : The authors views are no way intended to offend anyone that uses spinners or lures for trout or bait for Bream
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I hear you Chris,

Perhaps it is our intention on the day and each to their own.

i.e.
    To catch a fish by a certain method: be that Trolling, Casting, SPs, or HBs, or spinners etc. and stick at it regardless

or maybe even what gear? spin, overhead? slow or fast? rip or jig?
    or the priority is to catch a fish and therefor work out what works best on the day;

OR

Some times just to 'go fishing' for fun with no other plans.

All good reasons to go fishing as far as I am concerned!
    and frankly I am pleased some punters are casting while I am trolling and some are trolling when I am casting still others are content to sit in the boat with the esky dangling an unbaited line, or for that matter mind the camp.

More importantly most are happy to compare notes and possibly try something different tomorrow.

PEACE ON YOU ALL....
    Last edited by darylive; 03-01-2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: cut short DOH

The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

I hear you Chris,

Perhaps it is our intention on the day and each to their own.

i.e.
    To catch a fish by a certain method: be that Trolling, Casting, SPs, or HBs, or spinners etc. and stick at it regardless

or maybe even what gear? spin, overhead? slow or fast? rip or jig?
    or the priority is to catch a fish and therefor work out what works best on the day;

OR

Some times just to 'go fishing' for fun with no other plans.

All good reasons to go fishing as far as I am concerned!
    and frankly I am pleased some punters are casting while I am trolling and some are trolling when I am casting still others are content to sit in the boat with the esky dangling an unbaited line, or for that matter mind the camp.

More importantly most are happy to compare notes and possibly try something different tomorrow.

PEACE ON YOU ALL....
    Well said Daryl

Fortunately for me ...... there are so many options / tactics / variations to try on barra that so far I've avoided doing the "T" thing as a means of catching barra.............. but it is always there as an option

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

results count and if trolling is getting better results why try the hard way for the exact same result

Thumbs up Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

Of course trolling counts.

If its legal, then its should be respected. If someone dont like it, don't do it. If you disagree with a legal means of fishing methodoloy then put pen to paper & write a submission to the relvant fisheries review.

I could say that if a fish isnt caught using your left hand while standing on one foot doesn't count. (I've done it BTW) but it shows the idiocy of creating "classes" in fishing.

Just go fishing....

fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    Of course trolling counts.

If its legal, then its should be respected. If someone don't like it, don't do it. If you disagree with a legal means of fishing methodology then put pen to paper & write a submission to the relevant fisheries review.

I could say that if a fish isn't caught using your left hand while standing on one foot doesn't count. (I've done it BTW) but it shows the idiocy of creating "classes" in fishing.

Just go fishing....

fitzy..

Yes, that encapsulates my views on this issue pretty accurately and whilst it could be argued that the thread got the participation of plenty of people unfortunately the usual outcome of these discussions is a reduction of good posts in the future because classes are created in some peoples eyes whether that was the intent or not.

My thoughts exactly, and fully agree with the Moderator and what Dick says.
    When will these mindless threads cease. Fishing is for fun, not intense endless discussions about whether who caught a fish by whatever means is fair and square. If its legally caught, with full preparation and anticipation like all our fishing trips, why even bother asking such a question.
    Unless your so full of your own elitist and proud ideas that you use a forum like this to show your pride, ignorance and complete intolerance of other people. Yes a meter fish is desirable, but who set the mark at a 1 meter barra as the epitome of success, greatness and achievement for everyone else. Ive caught 85cm fish that fought way harder than some metre plus fish!
    Whoever started this, have a think, "Different is not wrong" or "Celebrate diversity". This kind of crap will drive away sensible people from making a good contribution in the future as Dick mentions.
    Flatzie

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Well said Daryl

Fortunately for me ...... there are so many options / tactics / variations to try on barra that so far I've avoided doing the "T" thing as a means of catching barra.............. but it is always there as an option

Chris
    Interesting?

I quite enjoy selecting a prime section of water say along a drop off or line of sticks, even over a point and having a few runs on the troll. I think the choice of tactic is part of the game. What eva floats your Barra.

I'll give you this Chris you were right when you started with the line
    "Time to be controversial"

The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............