Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

Quote Originally Posted by eotbmg View Post
    Sounds inviting,
    if we tie all the boats together, i will get Paul Big Ren to play from the Cd player, Ring a Ring a rosie, or Mary had a little lamb might be more fitting
    Having some fun now

RINGA RINGA METERY

Mate with this sentiment towards trolling ........ you never know Mondy Muster Trolling event
    At least we could get on the piss all night & still get a good days sleep I could even set up the brolly Attachment 40004
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Trolling is boring and a absolute waste of my time yes we do it but be 100% true to yourself its bloody boring hand on the throttle arm watch the sounder and hold the rod wow look theres a arch oooh it 4 metres deep no no 5 now oooh theres a bump that looks like bait boring!!!!!!! :huh: :lipsrsealed: :grin: I would rather spear fish for them

Even my mate I took fishing last trip was bored with it and wanted to flick a bit and now went out and bought a new reel to do so and belive me hes not good for stading and casting

Sorry I could not hold it any longer I would rather state my 122 the the one I got trolling so there thats it trollers shmollers, if you want to troll buy a trawler and go get some xmas prawns

Off to find a hole to get in....... take it well guys its all fun

Merry Christmas
    I just knew .... people were being too politically correct .......... But for how long
    Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Chris,

Have a nice Christmas,

The post can be good for discussions.

However still disagree and firmly believe that anyone who wants to say their method or comp is better than others needs to gain more experience Australia wide.

Fished most states of Australia and will be still learning till the day I die.

Again the only requirement is that the fish is caught by legal means.

Each to his own and no need to put down anyone who doesn't conform to the ideas of a few.

Yes I am disabled and getting old and sometimes get cranky, but respect for others is the way I was bought up.

Enjoy your fishing but respect what others do to reach their own personal goals.

Merry Christmas

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Well put Trev has that new motor there yet I bet if it is your stoked and looking forward to breaking it in, Merry Xmas mate to you and thewife and hope to see you again bach up there soon

Quote Originally Posted by mylestom View Post
    Chris,

Have a nice Christmas,

The post can be good for discussions.

However still disagree and firmly believe that anyone who wants to say their method or comp is better than others needs to gain more experience Australia wide.

Fished most states of Australia and will be still learning till the day I die.

Again the only requirement is that the fish is caught by legal means.

Each to his own and no need to put down anyone who doesn't conform to the ideas of a few.

Yes I am disabled and getting old and sometimes get cranky, but respect for others is the way I was bought up.

Enjoy your fishing but respect what others do to reach their own personal goals.

Merry Christmas

Trev
    Trev ...... those that know me & know my nature ....... will know that I'm not a disrespectful person ........ I might be opinionated though - thats me. THREADS LIKE THIS ARE RAISED TO PROMOTE THOUGHT ...... & OPINIONS !
    In this threads case ...... I couldn't be selective & ask those that I know...... It is a public forum & I was totally aware of the possible flack.
    there is not a case of begrudging a guy that picks up a 136 while trolling ...... good on em I say! ....... But its not my personal goal - I'm very happy casting my way along the PB chain 1 cm at a time THATS MY CHALLENGE!

Anyhow ...... life is too good to let these things get in your way.

Have a great Christmas & see you on the water in 09

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I guess guys when its all said and done its whatever rocks your boat.Iv caught a couple barra,but a couple stand out.One salty on fly at mackay and one 111 at monduran. the one at monduran andy got at at age 11 casting at bens point and the salty was a 78cm turbo model on fly landbased at mackay. It seriously shouldnt be about what does it for other ppl just the special barra for you. In ten or twenty years when we are casting lures that swim by themselves that have video feeds all the talk of hollowbellies,squidgies,trolling casting will be forgotten.
    Go fishing(barra or otherwise) to wind down, wind up,troll,cast,whatever... doit for what makes you happy.. not to post who got the biggest,best...its a huge learning curve.....but still remember the bloke that comes for a once a year fish, throws out a viper(tongue in cheek guys so dont bite)anf gets a metre thirty fish will be just as stoked as us blokes that get a metrey in the sticks or any barra casting in the salt.Sometimes the fish just arent biting casting(bombers..thanks roo n kim ...) and a change of tactics are required.Even in the salt sometimes trolling is the answer(though losing 5 classics in 5 trolls didnt seem like it). it seriously it whatever rocks/floats your boat..im the first to admit these days id rather catch a fish garrr throwing softies(thzanks chris) than catch nothing so i guess it a matter of prioritizing your fishing wants and needs..oops im rambling...when is borumba???

Chewy nailed it allright.

To me either is good aslong as im out there fishin!!!!!!!!!

Blah blah blah argue argue argue thats all we do lol

Cam
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Chris,

Those that know me also, realise that I always try to do the right thing, and will not sit back and let others have a go at those who aren't around or have enough confidence to defend themselves.

Does trolling count yes, if a legal fish.

Perhaps you should also pose the question should illegal (Read undersize) fish count???????

Merry Christmas

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Nahhh he needs to get some real rustwater fish on fly for it to count

I'm loving this topic - it's always great to see people passionate about their fishing

Only 2 more big sleeps people!!!! (and only 5 till I hit Mondy with whykickadumbassanimalalong!!!!!)
    i hear ya tony, love some of pauls pics and vids fly dickin for trevs on the flats...now that would be fun...
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all Thank God there are a number of Options available to catch Barra.....Unfortunatedly for me Im not very good at any of them.....but have caught enough fish to keep me coming back for more.....so having said that see you all in 2009......Whitto PS: It has been very interesting reading all your comments
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

That's the thing Whitto well said, Merry Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Nahhh he needs to get some real rustwater fish on fly for it to count

I'm loving this topic - it's always great to see people passionate about their fishing

Only 2 more big sleeps people!!!! (and only 5 till I hit Mondy with whykickadumbassanimalalong!!!!!)

Enjoy yourselves...

Quote Originally Posted by mylestom View Post
    Chris,

Those that know me also, realise that I always try to do the right thing, and will not sit back and let others have a go at those who aren't around or have enough confidence to defend themselves.

Does trolling count yes, if a legal fish.

Perhaps you should also pose the question should illegal (Read undersize) fish count???????

Merry Christmas

Trev

Well I never realised I was in the presence of the caped crusader " Truth Justice & the Trollers way" - Trev .. time to get off the high horse & stop trying to play the victimised poor soul (specially when there is no victimisation) - Just opinion ........ on merit
    You & anyone else can troll away & catch as many big barra as you like - its no skin off my nose - I'll think no more or less of anyone that does so

On the question of undersized fish ...... why ask Each fish is returned anyway ..... be it undersized , legal or XOS - Ahhhh but thats another controversial topic in its own right

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all Thank God there are a number of Options available to catch Barra.....Unfortunatedly for me Im not very good at any of them.....but have caught enough fish to keep me coming back for more.....so having said that see you all in 2009......Whitto PS: It has been very interesting reading all your comments
    Aint that the Truth

CASTING plastics , CASTING HBs , CASTING poppers , CASTING fizzers & fly CASTING
    Yep lots of options
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    You & anyone else can troll away & catch as many big barra as you like - its no skin off my nose - I'll think no more or less of anyone that does so

Chris

Now be truthful. I myself think that the more people trolling is a very good thing and I think highly of them. Means that there are less people dragging lures through the sticks where the tough barra sit.

Originally Posted by TonyM

Work is flatout at the moment, I have the family coming tomorrow and need to drag the van down to Lennox for the wife and sisterin-law to stay in while I am away and as yet I have not even started to pack a splitring for Mondy. Dont worry though, I will be there, just not that well organised I am guessing