Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 140
  1. #121

    Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

    Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Too late to include a poll?
    What question would you ask on the poll ??

    Many (most) here agree that it really doesn't matter ..... trolling or cast - but how many will put on the water & troll by choice ...... Why ? .......
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  2. #122

    Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

    Exactly................................


    Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

  3. #123

    Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

    If you are having no joy after exhaustive casting would you continue to flog the casting or try trolling as a method of catching a fish?

    Is it the case that they might not be biting on the cast but may take a trolled offering?

    i.e. use the method most effective on the day or persist with your preferred method regardless.

    Perhaps this is called angling?


    Chris, ARE YOU HERE YET? ARE YOU HERE YET?
    Last edited by darylive; 02-01-2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: smell check DOH


    Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

  4. #124

    Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

    G'Day Chris.....good to see u back.....how were the Bream nice and kind
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless



  5. #125

    Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

    Ive just wasted my time and read this thread. Notice the increasing decline of really skilled fishos on here? No wonder with this kind of endless elistst threads, a truly hijacked Chat is Freshwater.
    I hope it changes in 2009.
    Just let people relax and enjoy fishing, how intense are the people who put up these kind of threads. Make a contribution, not thinly veiled intolerance seeping through wordy witty threads.
    Barraboy7
    " Fishing is not a hobby, a Hobby is something I do in my spare time! "

  6. #126

    Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Barraboy7 View Post
    Ive just wasted my time and read this thread. Notice the increasing decline of really skilled fishos on here? No wonder with this kind of endless elistst threads, a truly hijacked Chat is Freshwater.
    I hope it changes in 2009.
    Just let people relax and enjoy fishing, how intense are the people who put up these kind of threads. Make a contribution, not thinly veiled intolerance seeping through wordy witty threads.
    Barraboy7
    Sorry you feel this way Barraboy ........ I guess yours is not such a thinly veiled remark though . Now for the benefit of all - please start typing........... Pearls of Wisdom

    Chris

    PS ....... Intolerance seeping through :huh: :sad: :shocked:
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  7. #127

    Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    G'Day Chris.....good to see u back.....how were the Bream nice and kind
    Hi Whitto ........ I had a bit of fun ( difficult!) I fished some tough conditions & structure ....... with reasonable results ( more memorable for - the ones that got away than ones landed .......... )

    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  8. #128

    Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

    Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    If you are having no joy after exhaustive casting would you continue to flog the casting or try trolling as a method of catching a fish?

    Is it the case that they might not be biting on the cast but may take a trolled offering?

    i.e. use the method most effective on the day or persist with your preferred method regardless.

    Perhaps this is called angling?


    Chris, ARE YOU HERE YET? ARE YOU HERE YET?

    Daryl

    Let me put it this way ........ When I go fly fishing for trout & I have a bad day - I dont throw on a celta or tassie devil same as >
    If I have a bad day luring bream - I dont throw out a yabby or worm.

    Maybe its just me & what I believe "angling" is

    Chris

    Disclaimer : The authors views are no way intended to offend anyone that uses spinners or lures for trout or bait for Bream
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  9. #129

    Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

    I hear you Chris,

    Perhaps it is our intention on the day and each to their own.

    i.e.
    To catch a fish by a certain method: be that Trolling, Casting, SPs, or HBs, or spinners etc. and stick at it regardless

    or maybe even what gear? spin, overhead? slow or fast? rip or jig?
    or the priority is to catch a fish and therefor work out what works best on the day;

    OR

    Some times just to 'go fishing' for fun with no other plans.

    All good reasons to go fishing as far as I am concerned!
    and frankly I am pleased some punters are casting while I am trolling and some are trolling when I am casting still others are content to sit in the boat with the esky dangling an unbaited line, or for that matter mind the camp.

    More importantly most are happy to compare notes and possibly try something different tomorrow.

    PEACE ON YOU ALL....
    Last edited by darylive; 03-01-2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: cut short DOH


    Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

  10. #130

    Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

    Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    I hear you Chris,

    Perhaps it is our intention on the day and each to their own.

    i.e.
    To catch a fish by a certain method: be that Trolling, Casting, SPs, or HBs, or spinners etc. and stick at it regardless

    or maybe even what gear? spin, overhead? slow or fast? rip or jig?
    or the priority is to catch a fish and therefor work out what works best on the day;

    OR

    Some times just to 'go fishing' for fun with no other plans.

    All good reasons to go fishing as far as I am concerned!
    and frankly I am pleased some punters are casting while I am trolling and some are trolling when I am casting still others are content to sit in the boat with the esky dangling an unbaited line, or for that matter mind the camp.

    More importantly most are happy to compare notes and possibly try something different tomorrow.


    PEACE ON YOU ALL....
    Well said Daryl

    Fortunately for me ...... there are so many options / tactics / variations to try on barra that so far I've avoided doing the "T" thing as a means of catching barra.............. but it is always there as an option

    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  11. #131

    Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

    results count and if trolling is getting better results why try the hard way for the exact same result

  12. #132

    Thumbs up Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

    Of course trolling counts.

    If its legal, then its should be respected. If someone dont like it, don't do it. If you disagree with a legal means of fishing methodoloy then put pen to paper & write a submission to the relvant fisheries review.

    I could say that if a fish isnt caught using your left hand while standing on one foot doesn't count. (I've done it BTW) but it shows the idiocy of creating "classes" in fishing.

    Just go fishing....

    fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

  13. #133

    Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    Of course trolling counts.

    If its legal, then its should be respected. If someone don't like it, don't do it. If you disagree with a legal means of fishing methodology then put pen to paper & write a submission to the relevant fisheries review.

    I could say that if a fish isn't caught using your left hand while standing on one foot doesn't count. (I've done it BTW) but it shows the idiocy of creating "classes" in fishing.

    Just go fishing....

    fitzy..

    Yes, that encapsulates my views on this issue pretty accurately and whilst it could be argued that the thread got the participation of plenty of people unfortunately the usual outcome of these discussions is a reduction of good posts in the future because classes are created in some peoples eyes whether that was the intent or not.

  14. #134

    Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

    My thoughts exactly, and fully agree with the Moderator and what Dick says.
    When will these mindless threads cease. Fishing is for fun, not intense endless discussions about whether who caught a fish by whatever means is fair and square. If its legally caught, with full preparation and anticipation like all our fishing trips, why even bother asking such a question.
    Unless your so full of your own elitist and proud ideas that you use a forum like this to show your pride, ignorance and complete intolerance of other people. Yes a meter fish is desirable, but who set the mark at a 1 meter barra as the epitome of success, greatness and achievement for everyone else. Ive caught 85cm fish that fought way harder than some metre plus fish!
    Whoever started this, have a think, "Different is not wrong" or "Celebrate diversity". This kind of crap will drive away sensible people from making a good contribution in the future as Dick mentions.
    Flatzie

  15. #135

    Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

    Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Well said Daryl

    Fortunately for me ...... there are so many options / tactics / variations to try on barra that so far I've avoided doing the "T" thing as a means of catching barra.............. but it is always there as an option

    Chris
    Interesting?

    I quite enjoy selecting a prime section of water say along a drop off or line of sticks, even over a point and having a few runs on the troll. I think the choice of tactic is part of the game. What eva floats your Barra.

    I'll give you this Chris you were right when you started with the line
    "Time to be controversial"


    Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us