Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

Re: IS IT TIME TO RETHINK THE METERY "Does trolling count?"

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Interesting?

I quite enjoy selecting a prime section of water say along a drop off or line of sticks, even over a point and having a few runs on the troll. I think the choice of tactic is part of the game. What eva floats your Barra.

I'll give you this Chris you were right when you started with the line
    "Time to be controversial"
    Not controversial, but more as the Moderator said, Idiotic.
    Barrboy7
    " Fishing is not a hobby, a Hobby is something I do in my spare time! "

Quote Originally Posted by flatzie View Post
    My thoughts exactly, and fully agree with the Moderator and what Dick says.
    When will these mindless threads cease. Fishing is for fun, not intense endless discussions about whether who caught a fish by whatever means is fair and square. If its legally caught, with full preparation and anticipation like all our fishing trips, why even bother asking such a question.
    Unless your so full of your own elitist and proud ideas that you use a forum like this to show your pride, ignorance and complete intolerance of other people. Yes a meter fish is desirable, but who set the mark at a 1 meter barra as the epitome of success, greatness and achievement for everyone else. Ive caught 85cm fish that fought way harder than some metre plus fish!
    Whoever started this, have a think, "Different is not wrong" or "Celebrate diversity". This kind of crap will drive away sensible people from making a good contribution in the future as Dick mentions.
    Flatzie
    flatzie ........ can you please point out where I have been Intolerant
    Ignorant of What Its not as if I have not trolled & caught fish ........ I did ... but I just quickly moved on

I keep hearing the word elitist ........ There is nothing elitist in casting (a high percentage do it !)

who said anything about trolling being wrong

Barra fishing is fun ..... but we all do it for different reasons! ....... & all get something different from it! ........ these a personal choices

Clearly my mindset differs from others on this topic

As for scaring sensible people away .......... Why would it - There has been no personal attacks - Besides its only someones opinion Just as you have expressed yours

Cheers

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by flatzie View Post
    My thoughts exactly, and fully agree with the Moderator and what Dick says.
    When will these mindless threads cease. Fishing is for fun, not intense endless discussions about whether who caught a fish by whatever means is fair and square. If its legally caught, with full preparation and anticipation like all our fishing trips, why even bother asking such a question.
    Unless your so full of your own elitist and proud ideas that you use a forum like this to show your pride, ignorance and complete intolerance of other people. Yes a meter fish is desirable, but who set the mark at a 1 meter barra as the epitome of success, greatness and achievement for everyone else. Ive caught 85cm fish that fought way harder than some metre plus fish!
    Whoever started this, have a think, "Different is not wrong" or "Celebrate diversity". This kind of crap will drive away sensible people from making a good contribution in the future as Dick mentions.
    Flatzie

oh come on you lot , the question was asked and many different answers were given, its not an elitist question at all,just an opinion of all who would like to comment, most of us have never met and prob wont and alot of this is aimed back at nagg mostly, ive met the guy and yes he loves his fishing to a point of near disbelief, always trying different things and doing thousands of miles doing so...i give him cred for the time he puts into his pasion of fishin...the bloke dont like xxxx but he drank a few with me the first time we met..not suckin A. but give the guy a break.it was just a question out for discusion...me i will take a metre any way i can get one, but as the question was asked....i would PREFER mine casting...
    THANKS.DEANO.
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

Let this one sink fellas its all been said and done... it seems as far as method goes we all posess that one thing that make us what we all are Different... cast, troll, bait and fly are all great methods some like one method more the other hence A fishing forum having salt esturay, fresh, offshore etc we are all going to love one a bit more then the other and get a bit more of a reward for doing so...

So at the end of the day we are all right and we are all wrong, I think a thing such as this we loose sight of our ultimate goal . To Go Fishing!

THANKS NATH

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    oh come on you lot , the question was asked and many different answers were given, its not an elitist question at all,just an opinion of all who would like to comment, most of us have never met and prob wont and alot of this is aimed back at nagg mostly, ive met the guy and yes he loves his fishing to a point of near disbelief, always trying different things and doing thousands of miles doing so...i give him cred for the time he puts into his pasion of fishin...the bloke dont like xxxx but he drank a few with me the first time we met..not suckin A. but give the guy a break.it was just a question out for discusion...me i will take a metre any way i can get one, but as the question was asked....i would PREFER mine casting...
    THANKS.DEANO.
    Thanks Deano

I still have nightmares about that xxxx
    Passion ...... maybe Obsession ( not quite) - It is a challenge for me , specially to be consistent ................. for me , barra fishing is not about numbers or size etc..... Otherwise I would be out there perfecting my trolling technique .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO