Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First bull shark

Re: First bull shark

I am interested in this - I'd like to score a bully and take him home for the BBQ, I dont care much for them but they are just sea creatures, so why be cruel to them?

Sea Pussy, where ???
    If men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, politicians must be from uranus ?

do sharks give humans a careful,gentle,humane death or do they take a taste to bleed and prepare before eating?

With regards to the skin dulling knife quickly, we had a demo by a charter operator on slicing up a 4' Northern Whaler. He commented on the abbrasiveness of the skin and used a technique where he made a cut, then turned his knife over and cut the skin from the inside out (ie he got the blade under the skin with the edge facing out and sliced along)

Hope this helps.

When cutting up fish like sharks, larger tuna, and making that first cut on fish with tough scales (if you dont scale them first), it makes sense to get a sharpening steel and learn how to use it. Then when the edge gets dulled (which it will) a few swipes on the steel will have the edge back in seconds. Practice makes peerfect though....and it takes a lot of the frustration out of filleting fish. I also dont like stainless steel knives...great edge out of the box....but a real pain to get it back once its dulled. Much prefer carbon steel blades...and I treat them the same as I treat my reals...with tender loving care. (they DONT go out on the boat with me either....use cheaper knives for that).

Greg