Thread: 10kg EGUSA

10kg EGUSA

G'day everyone,

Attached are photos of a new 10kg EGUSA 61H. Great 10kg game blank. I built this rod up using the Fuji DBSG power oval series guides and a AMTAC roller tip. The gimbal and the seat are from ALPS. The grips are inlayed EVA. I used "Brother" brand polyester thread as the background blue. This thread really has a fantastic lustre to it and is the same diameter as regular A thread. I used Gudebrod trimar for the little fishes and Mettler polysheen 40 for the predator. This is a really difficult wrap as it is elongated by approx 180%. I really would recommend anyone trying this wrap to stick it down well with CP prior to cutting and tying off the ends. Trust me, it's too late once you cut if you don't have it stuck in place. I know!

Regards
    Mark

Re: 10kg EGUSA

Very cool Mark.
    I love those grip inlays.
    I'm not a fan of checkers, but those are more of a "native" pattern.
    Great job on the wrap too!
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

A truly great job there. I admire the workmanship.

Greg

Mark beautiful work as always it looks so clean, tidy and everything belongs.

You and a few others have nearly convinced me to try a wrap as this one is jut beautiful and not over the top, just what I like.
    cheers
    sandyd

Thanks Owen, Greg and Sandy for your nice comments.

Sandy, if your ever ready to try something like this let me know and I'll try and talk you through the way I set mine up. I probably do a few little things different to others (not saying they're better just different) which help me keep everything straight and tight. This particular wrap is an absolute b.....d to do on this blank because the taper is so radical and the wrap is elongated so much which causes quite a few problems. Let me know when you're ready.

All the best for Christmas
    Mark