Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooking 8kg Red

Re: Cooking 8kg Red

nice one Mark, glad it all worked out

Daz

Jayzus Bruce ya fergot ta tell im about cutting the head fer later..trymyluck, you did it the right way n hopefully you squeezed a coupla cloves of garlic each side of the fish prior to wrapping in foil..
    Only thing i woulda done different is cut the head n flaps off and leave for Fishead Soup(Pssarosoupa)..
    Dont know what ya missing till you try especially with big Reds...
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Jayzus Bruce ya fergot ta tell im about cutting the head fer later..trymyluck, you did it the right way n hopefully you squeezed a coupla cloves of garlic each side of the fish prior to wrapping in foil..
    Only thing i woulda done different is cut the head n flaps off and leave for Fishead Soup(Pssarosoupa)..
    Dont know what ya missing till you try especially with big Reds...
    Cheers

Can not forget the garlic but i'll leave the fish head soup to you guys, yes i know i'm missing the best soup but its almost like saving the giblets for giblet soup when you do the chooks for Gran.

Mark

From the picture it looked like you scaled the fish. Do others leave them on for the cooking process or take em off? I've got some nice coral trout I need to do soon.

I would have taken 1 fillet off and cooked that spine side down on the hotplate/grill and made a boat out of alfoil and poached the fillet inthat with a nob of butter and champagne, bloody awesome tasteing dont that way.

There is no need to scale if you cook the fish whole in alfoil IMO.

Cheers Rod....