Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Barra Tackle (impoundment)

Re: Your Favorite Barra Tackle (impoundment)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    I reckon at the summer muster we have a couple of hours handline trolling comp in the basin on the moon!! Handlines with braid would be even more fun!! I will bring the stitching gear!!

Merry Xmas Whitto and All...Steve
    That could be interesting ......... but getting dragged away from good company a fire & an esky full of beer could prove difficult !

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

My favourite bit of gear in my new reel though I can cast all day with hardly a problem and the pflueger medalist rod is a good outfit for me and all the exspencive gear in the world wont get you anymore fish just more to show off at the camp, if it's light and you can stand casting for many hours without too much hassel its a good bit of gear.

Oh and my hat!!!!

Nath

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    My favourite bit of gear in my new reel though I can cast all day with hardly a problem and the pflueger medalist rod is a good outfit for me and all the exspencive gear in the world wont get you anymore fish just more to show off at the camp, if it's light and you can stand casting for many hours without too much hassel its a good bit of gear.

Oh and my hat!!!!

Nath
    Nath

No doubt that hat is the most important bit of kit for you ........ We can recognise you on the water

sure its nice flaunting some nice kit ........ but as you said & I've learnt - it wont catch you any more fish.
    I will say though ...... the gear needs to be suitable for the task at hand - Even better if the gear doesn't feel like a chore to use

Chris

PS ..... Nothing wrong with those Medalists mate ...... very nice blank & quality fittings - Which one do you have ????
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Mate it's a 6.3, 8kg to 15kg impoundment barra, love it nice rod and got it for a good price off the fox

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Mate it's a 6.3, 8kg to 15kg impoundment barra, love it nice rod and got it for a good price off the fox

PM Sent .....

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

[quote=NAGG;943109]Last month ..... I reckon I could have got $50 for a 20+ Gold Viper - The trollers were smashing big girls in the main basin with em

Bloody good for nuthin vipers!

[quote=BR65;943562]
    Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Last month ..... I reckon I could have got $50 for a 20+ Gold Viper - The trollers were smashing big girls in the main basin with em

Bloody good for nuthin vipers!
    I've said that all along - The trouble was that I bought 5 of them never had a touch on em & I cant even get Whitey to use em

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Red face Re: Your Favorite Barra Tackle (impoundment)

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Aaaaah you Guys and your toys.........When I first looked at JM's DVD out come the Old Alvey, might be something in this Drag question/leader damage.......Im like Brian love the Penn Pinpoint Tournament rod (have 2)....and then there's the Egrell Spin for Barra, balanced out with a TDA Advantage 4000.....its caught really really big............CAT FISH, havn't caught a Barra with it yet but a sweet rod in hand for casting all day......In the market for a second spin, not sure what to get yet.......I use Erskine Penn Signature Series 2 Low Profile on the Pinpoint rods......just got to decide on what gear to get for the second Spin outfit......any suggestions will be eternately grateful...maybe an alvey on light surfgear
    Have you settled on your second spin outfit Whitto?

I am still lookin. My Net income will not cover my Gross habits so the over priced bling gear is not in my budget.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

G'Day Daryl.....was rummaging through my gear and have found a Diawa Procaster (Heavy) 6' spin rod....Im going to give it a shot but at this stage have not decided on a reel as yet....Im leaning towards a Pleuger would love another Diawa Advantage in 3000...will wait till I can get to Foxies......decisions decisions it's enough to drive a man to drink
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Guys, have a look at the penn applause, great reels, gr8 drag and if u look around you can get em for round 85 bucks. i hav two. Handles take a bit of geting used to but great reels for the money

Thanks Chewy for that.....is the Penn you are talking about a 3000 or 4000.....had a look online and they seem to be a capable reel

Whitto,
    i have a 1000 and 4000. tghey are smooth. A mate at hervey bay putme onto them. He uses the 4000 to catch longtails so they must be built pretty tough. i like mine. Worth a look anyhow

Thanks Chewy will go down to the local Camping Fishing and Boating mob and have a hands on if possible...Cheers and Happy New Year

hopefully it will be happy.. thinking about going chasing some more bass

Boys what about a rod?
    Im loking for something in the 6 - 8kg range, 7' long, cork grips, light tip, plenty of grunt down low, for belting SP's out,and dont want to spend a million bucks.

Any thoughts based on what you have at the moment?

cheers
    brian