Thread: Monduran metrey

Talking Monduran metrey

Hi all, first post? bro in law (ian) and i hit the lake 4.30am sunday morn after an early morning start in bundy. Plan was to stay up near or in basin for the morning, which we did. Flogged around church bay trolled back and forwards then out into basin 7.30, no joy, then all hell cuts loose (had put a barra classic "guns n roses" on. About five minutes, seemed like 20, to end the fight. Big girl 1160 first metre plus barra YAHOO. She jumped early in the fight so i knew she was big, knees knocking, heart pumping hand shaking FUN. As i rolled her into the net the trebles pulled out so i was pretty lucky. Got some piccies and let her go, half hour later reel starts ripping again, this time a more animated fight but not as heavy, everything holds together (Ian's videoing the action and gets a great leap not far from boat), into the net ,brag mat and photos and off she goes to fight another day 1020, WOW 2 in three quarters of an hour. Ian had a big hit about 9.30 and gets his treble straightened, bad luck but we'll be better armed next time. Got a couple of photos, will post others later. Ossie.
    OZZIE1

Re: Monduran metrey

Fantastic Graeme. Can't wait to see the pics.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Not a shabby introduction to impoundment barra fishing Graeme ......... Now if you start to get the shakes & sweaty palms when the word barra is mentioned ...... That's IBD Its incurable

Welcome & well done

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Congrats mate, great way to pop the cherry.
    Look forward to seing the pics.

Well done Ozzie.....nailed it first up.....a fairly rare thing......look forward to the piccies.....well done, you will officially from now be a IBD sufferer
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Congrats
    YOu now have an incurable disease, with the only remedy.........Barra

Well done Ozzie,

Some great fish to kick off you first Mondy trip with. Cant wait for the pics mate. Noticed you said you straightened trebbles on that last fish. Did you up grade them to Owners or anything (on the G'nR lure I am thinking???) . those trebbles are pretty flimsy standard out of the box. Just something to think about for next time....I reckon there will be a next time too hey ....Still a great result with a couple of horses!!!!

cheers Steve

Love the name Graeme.......The Prince of Darkness.....ripper
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Smile Re: Monduran metrey

hey guys, not first trip? have been sneaking up to mondy for couple of years now, never had a lot of luck (some fish in the 80cm range) but fairly rare, lol. Ian has now upgraded hooks on his lures, doesn't want me to catch all the fish, haha. Thanks for the replies, tight lines.
    OZZIE1

Take Steve's advice, the upgrades are a necessity for these girls Graeme. They have all grown up fast over the past 12 months Sounds like you are a quiet achiever. You should come up for the Mondy Muster in September next year and catch up with some of us barra crazy critters.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Well done on your first metrey Graheme. 1160 is a great fish and then a 2nd one soon after is just fantastic. It is hard to believe that the big ones can still put on the aerial displays like they do. To see a big barra jumping at the end of your line is pure joy and adrenelin. cheers RC.

I'll 3rd the advice on the upgrades ........ many dont think its a necessity - but too many good fish are lost ......... which is a real bummer when it might be your only strike on a trip!
    Keep things in your favour ...... or to the best of your ability

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Ozzie1, congrats mate on your first couple of metreys.

Good to hear that they swam off healthy and ready tp do battle with another IBD sufferer.