Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 78
  1. #61

    Re: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

    Too true Brian,
    iv done mone prop in completly and smashed a transducer clean off.Its a funny place iv found. Either get a few fish or none. Scenery is great.Specially if any of the boys like chasing pigs

  2. #62

    Re: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

    With all the shotgun blasts echoing around Chewy, the term "Squell like a pig boy" came to mind.



  3. #63

    Re: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

    Lmao.hey on a serious note,if anyone is venturing up that way and feels the need to get out on the bank for any reason make sure its on hard rocky ground.brettjones got into some difficulty once i think jumping out onto what turned out to be a floating grass island. it seriously looks like land but you go straight thru. there used to be two of them on the left on a big straight. fyi.
    chewy
    i realisre the vin and nav are more at home in an aquatic environment but for the rest of us without webbed feet it would be a most unpleasant experience id imagine

  4. #64

    Re: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

    Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Maybe another 20 minutes after the F tree Paul, for me, probably 2 and a half minutes for you lol.
    You were going all right Brian. Had to flatten it to nudge past you. Apologies are in order as I didn't realise it was you initially, otherwise would have pulled alongside for a chat beforte we all reached the spot. You left at the right time. It p*ssed down after you left. Navi and I looked like a couple of Chinese prawn fishermen in our full wet weather gear...well Navi did anyway

    I think I know where you're at in that pic now. Up from Little Zimbabwe there is a massive beaver log jam when the water's at the appropriate level.

    Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

  5. #65

    Re: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    And apparently not a fence to be seen
    Barb would find one Whitto nothing surer...the fence whisperer
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

  6. #66

    Re: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

    Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    i realisre the vin and nav are more at home in an aquatic environment but for the rest of us without webbed feet it would be a most unpleasant experience id imagine
    Lol Chewy. Vin has got the web feet, he's the only one that ever gets told to jump in and get wet....although come think of it, Navi would float like a dirty oil slick

    Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

  7. #67

    Re: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

    Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    With all the shotgun blasts echoing around Chewy, the term "Squell like a pig boy" came to mind.
    I think you'll be OK Brian until the Banjo's fire up
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless



  8. #68

    Re: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

    Don't catch all the fish I'm up there at christmas and I'd like to get at least 1 this trip.
    Cheers Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

  9. #69

    Re: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

    sorry double post



  10. #70

    Re: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    You were going all right Brian. Had to flatten it to nudge past you. Apologies are in order as I didn't realise it was you initially, otherwise would have pulled alongside for a chat beforte we all reached the spot. You left at the right time. It p*ssed down after you left. Navi and I looked like a couple of Chinese prawn fishermen in our full wet weather gear...well Navi did anyway

    I think I know where you're at in that pic now. Up from Little Zimbabwe there is a massive beaver log jam when the water's at the appropriate level.

    Cheers
    Paul

    All good mate, no apoligies needed!
    I pulled 5 in a row one morning off that log jam, it was covered in grass and the fish were sheltering under in the shade, not big fish, but crazy stuff. Have a look at the pic and see if you can guess wheer I was casting at lol



  11. #71

    Re: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

    Now that's a Target
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless



  12. #72

    Re: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

    Nice little honey hole Brian .........

    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  13. #73

    Re: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

    Yeah it was Chris, biggest log jam Id seen up there, fully coated in grass, I was half expecting to pull a big jack out of there. The fishys were only 80 to 90's, but every second cast was a fish, swirl or bust up back in there. 5 made the net, and 2 classics went mia

    Heres another nasty little snag I used to frequent up that way, was a real pain in the bum to get in there, but you had a lounge room sized bit of clear real estate to work in on the bank side of the timber, if you could turn their heads fast enough that is. Some hard lessons learned about knot, spilt and treble up-grades in there. Asbestos thumb kind of fishing, loved it

    Sorry Pete, taking your thread sideways mate.........



  14. #74

    Re: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

    Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Yeah it was Chris, biggest log jam Id seen up there, fully coated in grass, I was half expecting to pull a big jack out of there. The fishys were only 80 to 90's, but every second cast was a fish, swirl or bust up back in there. 5 made the net, and 2 classics went mia

    Heres another nasty little snag I used to frequent up that way, was a real pain in the bum to get in there, but you had a lounge room sized bit of clear real estate to work in on the bank side of the timber, if you could turn their heads fast enough that is. Some hard lessons learned about knot, spilt and treble up-grades in there. Asbestos thumb kind of fishing, loved it

    Sorry Pete, taking your thread sideways mate.........
    That's the beauty of spending time on an impoundment ........ when low & then knowing where all that magnificent cover is ........ when levels rise.
    It really does pay to take note of what is on the bank ...... specially when its just out of the water
    Good stuff Brian

    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  15. #75

    Re: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

    Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    That's the beauty of spending time on an impoundment ........ when low & then knowing where all that magnificent cover is ........ when levels rise.
    It really does pay to take note of what is on the bank ...... specially when its just out of the water
    Good stuff Brian

    Chris
    Yeah, I took the boys for the scenic tour the other day, and its impossible to convey the timber that you know sticks out of the water at -20%, when your flying over it at 40kmh at 36% capacity.
    Foxie tells a story about casting bank to bank shore based from the bay next to the concrete ramp, on a hot bite, or being able to drive from the dirt ramp to the concrete ramp, following the water line rather than the bitumen road up top!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us