Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

Re: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

Hi Ben & Brian

There are some great additional photos you've added ...... Love the action shots Ben - I guess its the big advantage of having a third bloke on the boat ......... well done guys

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I thought you were trying to make the fish look bigger Benny Awesome stuff from Droppa Bear on the black. Did he pin it?

On the subject of tacking on, here's a couple of pics taken from a nearby donut van.......

Sorry Pete, the hijackers have taken hostages

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Two more......found these kangaroos (the grey ones) feeding at the water's edge. They remained unperturbed by our presence....stealth

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    now Im going to have a beer and a sit down after looking at those shots...Good Stuff....Whitto
    Never too early for a cool treat Whitto

Thanks boys - no dramas about adding pics/hijacking this thread....IMO it was a bit of a 'shared' experience as many of us met and intermingled over the 4 or 5 days....your additions just add more interest to the thread.

I look forward to the opportunity of meeting you all again and have just booked our next Mondy cabin stay for 15 - 18 February 2009.

Anyone else going to be around then? It is the week following the full moon.....

Pete & Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by black_sheep View Post
    Pete, nice to finally meet at Foxies mate.

Congrats on breaking your run of krispies - wish I could have done the same!! 2008 is a write off for me - shouldn't complain as I did get 3 PB's but 3 donuts is a row is hard to swallow.

We gave your weedbed a good flogging on Mon morn but only hook a leapin catty - thought it was a rat barra when it first jumped but I reckon I heard the grunting 20mtrs away.

Again, well done mate.
    Cheers Navi,

Yeah 2008 was tough, I went from January to December with out a single hook-up! Three and a half trips.....you would not believe the relief I felt when I boated the 93cm fish on Thursday evening.

I too had a solid catty smash me and (for a short time) fool me into thinking it was a barra.......I still have a hole in my thumb from where it spiked me!

Catch up with you on the water in 2009 for sure.....

Regs

Pete

Awesome pics n fish boys, Ben love the action shots, Paul love the sunset pics, what's the go with the disco lights??? DOOF DOOF DOOF

Have a great weekend everyone, Pete

couple more, got these today from one of the boys

Brian is that last shot up in H somewhere

If not hes not too far from the bridge.. maybe... ahnem land.. pigs.. bulls.. and fish... sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by eotbmg View Post
    Brian is that last shot up in H somewhere

I'm curious too .........
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Far up as you can go boys, I litteraly ran out of water, and the shotty blasts echoing around made me a little nervous. Chewy sounds like he knows it.
    Ive fished up there before for a missed fish, so we went for a run up on Saturday to have a squiz, more to cool off than anything. Some great laydown timber and lilley pads, very picturesque.

How long did the run take Brian? Looks good country.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    How long did the run take Brian? Looks good country.
    Maybe another 20 minutes after the F tree Paul, for me, probably 2 and a half minutes for you lol. Theres some prop eaters up there youve got to bounce over to get thru though. When the water drops into the 25% range, the laydowns up there are awesome, you can spend all day casting into snags and hanging on, my favourite style of fishing.

And apparently not a fence to be seen
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless