Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

Re: Monduran - Weed beds, Slick rigs & Barra!

Hi Pete,

Ben said I was a pretty rude "B" as I drove off while you were still talking but I didn't realize you were not staying with us. I was looking forward to sitting down for a chat and a beer. So I would like to humbly Apologize for being so rude. ( I really didn't want Ben to learn any more information because he was 2 fish in front)

Great result for you and Kyle. Look forward to next time.

Frank OO

Hello Frank,

Mate, no offence was taken. I felt a bit rude when Ben invited us for a counter lunch and I refused. Unfortunately we had just come back from a quick run into Gin Gin to pick up some gear at Foxies.....

Where are your and Ben's pics- he was going to add them to this post?

Anyhow I'm sure we will catch up again as I intend to frequent Mondy on a very regular basis for the next few years........

Regs

Pete

Pete

Finally it was great to meet you, albeit not for that long a time. And I was extremely pleased to hear that persistence and determination paid off again for you and Kyle....your trip must have been very satisfying, not quite the same as your purple patch last year, but rewarding nonetheless.

Me....I was only breaking the motor in and doing a 4 day reccie for some other time ... did someone mention fish?....quick, pass me a donut.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    did someone mention fish?....quick, pass me a donut.
    Oops! - bad luck Paul. Good to meet you as well. I looked at you and thought 'gee this bloke looks familiar!' Maybe we met before somewhere......

I think Kyle and I got a bit lucky. We stumbled upon the weed bed on Thursday arvo and worked it all day Friday while it was going off.....

It went quiet over the weekend with the heavier boat traffic and inevitable blowflies.....

Next time buddy, next time.....

well done guys its alot of fun geting barra

Nice work there guys.

Love your work.

Cheers

Lee

Pete, nice to finally meet at Foxies mate.

Congrats on breaking your run of krispies - wish I could have done the same!! 2008 is a write off for me - shouldn't complain as I did get 3 PB's but 3 donuts is a row is hard to swallow.

We gave your weedbed a good flogging on Mon morn but only hook a leapin catty - thought it was a rat barra when it first jumped but I reckon I heard the grunting 20mtrs away.

Again, well done mate.

I asked for Peters permission to hijack his thread, and thanks to him he accepted, as i just wanted to do a short report, and post a couple of pics. SO thanks again. Frank and i fished the whole morning friday, and the fish came on the chew at just on sunrise, landing two, Frank OO dropping 5, yes 5, yes 5.
    We landed only one more from the trip it being my Mondy pb 111, on a gold B52,
    Highlight of my trip was my first Mondy fish on Placcy, a 103 job.
    Hope you like the pics
    BenAttachment 39516

Attachment 39517

Attachment 39518

Attachment 39519

Attachment 39520

Attachment 39521

Attachment 39522

Attachment 39523

Attachment 39524

[ATTACH]sum[/ATTACH]

Nice one Ben,

Finally we can see the vertical S10H.... Nice

Frank OO

Pete, if its cool with you, Im just gunna tack on as well. Pics are Lance's first Mondy bara at 120 (sticks and SP), Noels new PB at 110 (point and SP), Catchy's first ever barra at 90 (sticks and hard bod), and my little girl at 101 (point and SP), plus the storm coming in on Sunday arvo.

Hey Brian
    Must have missed you a cuppla times mate, i am sure our paths will cross one day. Think i saw you up the north arm while i was fishing the point, and you had a couple of boats in tow!
    Cheers
    Ben

Great fish and photo's Brian and Ben. Trying to put the fresh out of my mind , so please ease up on the Fat Fat Fat Barra shots.

The time i get from here to there i can do a trip outside from here.....................And eat the critters.

YET- am organising a early new year fresh.. The social aspect of the fresh is a classic you guys. Well done. Just wait and see what it's like if i get this 15mill tonight.

Cheers Scott

Ben

Some nice fish mate. I never got to see the pics in the cabin so thanks. Not sure what's going on with you Barb but in that first pic ya look really outta shape mate. Toughen up princess. And in the last pic, what happened to all those weeties you said you'd been eating? Get to the gym more and work on those guns...they'll be like Navi's in no time. Great fish and good happy snapping by Droppa Smurf aka Bundy Bear.

Brian

You guys reaped the rewards for getting caught out in that storm. Fantastic piccies and fish. Navi, Dale, Johnno and I got stuck at the ramp but had a good talk to US ABT competitor Mike North and his buddy who were about to go out in Steve Morgan's loaned Stratos, but thought the wiser. Nice guys. We bailed out after seeing a tree nearby light up orange

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Yeah the bloody pics wouldnt resize the right way and i ended up getting the poos with them!!!
    Did you like the pic of the " I never miss net shots" Naidoo.
    Spoke to Droppa, got a black today about 75 kg

Great Piccies Ben and Brian.....nothing better than nailing a couple of Barra with ya mates......That is a good shot of Navi nailing a nasty girl.....well done lads.....now Im going to have a beer and a sit down after looking at those shots...Good Stuff....Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless