Thread: Take me to the River

Take me to the River

It's been a bit quiet in the freshwater photo folder as of late so here are a few fish taken in the freshwater sections of various rivers up in the NT.

I'm currently in the early stages of planning a trip back up there to visit a couple of old favourite spots next year. Hopefully not much has changed...

Cheers,
    Roo.

Re: Take me to the River

Nice pics Roo
    Some mates and I got a few at the Calvert back in sep great fun. We had more luck in the salt this year. Look forward to some more pics.
    wamjam

Thanks Wamjam
    I haven't fished the Calvert....yet. Seen some photos of it though...looks good....Good excuse to plan another trip over that way and maybe check out the Towns, Limen Bight etc as well.

Cheers,
    Roo.

Hey Roo, have you ever fished around Katherine? Im moving up there early Jan and after looking at google earth it seems promising.

G'day Matthias,

Yeah, I've fished around Katherine a bit. (The barra in the photo with the Blue Dog was caught in the Kathy River). I fished up inside Katherine Gorge a bit as well...the fish are just a bonus up there....beautiful spot.

You have plenty of options out of Katherine....Vic River to the West, the Roper just South, Kakadu Rivers and billabongs, the Daly.....plus plenty more smaller creeks and rivers. (I suppose I should add that some of these places are 2-3 hours drive out of town....well worth the drive though IMO.)

Cheers,
    Roo.

Cheers mate. I cant wait to wet a line in NT.