Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: IBD meets ABT (Teemburra)

IBD meets ABT (Teemburra)

The first round of the ABT held at Teemburra saw Matt & I nervous / excited but with a clear plan of what we needed to do ……… Tactics were discussed & destination set …….all we needed to do was hope that 1 or 2 of the earlier boats did not beat us to our destination
    With a staggered start we watched as boats blasted their way towards our part of the dam (Teemburra Ck) …… As we ran past Trev & Scotty & 1 other boat , we were confident that our little spot would be ours – though the remnants of a bubble trail indicated that a boat had recently been through ……. Our worst fears were soon realized when we saw a little tinny on our spot - - - Now all credit to Matt who urged me not to get within 100M …. We soon found ourselves being abused .. (mistaken identity) – worst still they hook up & land their first fish. With no option but to commence fishing ……. I soon found my self hooked up on bass gear & a little C lure to a feisty fish ……. Rod in one hand , reel in the other – fortunately the fish was only a 54cm job & no damage was done – what a way to land your first fish in the ABT
    The evening proceeded slowly in the creek till we decided to proceed to our night location …… fortunately this prominent location had been ignored . We fished this location to the death for zip
    Day 2 saw Matt & me up early for a quick dash to Kinchant for a social fish ….. after some suggestions from Trev & Scotty – As we were staying only 15 mins away it turned out to be a good move with several barra missed by Matt on surface lures , though he managed a couple of sooties. Cruising through the weed beds we were gob smacked seeing free swimming barra ( incl meter +ers) & many sooties - I described it as an aquarium ….. It was that clear . later that morning we were fishing to barra that were only a few feet below the boat & once we worked out our presentation , we landed a few small fish on scorpions Attachment 39201 & a megabass minnow Attachment 39200. Matt unfortunately straightened a treble on a 90 …. & lost the fish. Finally we threw some frogs at some tailing big fish to no avail …….. but still exciting stuff!!!
    On the water at 3 pm for our 4pm start …….. We had a lot to do to be in the money & decided to fish a little bay that was also popular with Steve B Attachment 39202……. Arriving behind Steve we agreed to fish one side of the bay each. Not long in matt hooks & lands an 80s fish on a evil minnow slick rig – whooo hooo – just what was needed . 10 mins later I hook up to another similar size fish - half way in & nothing (spat hook) ……… As we moved on to the back of the bay Matt is slammed & during the first jump the slick rig is propelled 5M into the air …. Bugger !!! . Unfortunately Matt missed a couple more fish prior to dark ------ then things went quiet. We relocated to fish our grassy island & it wasn’t long before I was onto my second fish – landed & measurements / photos taken we finished off the session with 1 each , though 3 fish lost that would have been contenders for the Daiwa big fish prize. A mid field finish – we avoided the doughnut!
    After a few drinks at the Pinnacle hotel ……. We drove through to Proserpine & the second event!

To be continued
    Matt please feel free to add photos & comments

Nagg
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: IBD meets ABT (Teemburra)

Well done boys, a good result in tough conditions, looking forward to the next chapter.
    All it would have taken was for a couple of those hooks to stick and you would have been right up there.

Good luck in the next round.

Cheers, Pete.

Chris, thats a good result for your first ABT, well done to both you and Matt.

Shame about the dropped fish but that seems to be the norm up that way over the past few months.

Can't wait to see your report on F*#@*^# Faust, the windy centre of QLD. Still not quite over it, maybe that will happen one day.

Cheers,
    John.

PS. Did you get my text message when you were in Bris. ? Tuesday i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    Chris, thats a good result for your first ABT, well done to both you and Matt.

Shame about the dropped fish but that seems to be the norm up that way over the past few months.

Can't wait to see your report on F*#@*^# Faust, the windy centre of QLD. Still not quite over it, maybe that will happen one day.

Cheers,
    John.

PS. Did you get my text message when you were in Bris. ? Tuesday i think.

Thanks John

I did see the message ........ but when I got out of the car at coffs harbour

Faust
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Well done NAAG on the ABt you should have called in for a beer while you where at Kinchant would have been great,,,,, we were the only camps there on the water..........

But to know you bloke's did it tough only make's me feel better

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Ehsman View Post
    Well done NAAG on the ABt you should have called in for a beer while you where at Kinchant would have been great,,,,, we were the only camps there on the water..........

But to know you bloke's did it tough only make's me feel better
    Thanks Barry

We only had the opportunity to fish Kinchant 1 morning prior to the start of the second day of the ABT event ..........
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Please sir, can I have some more???????
    Not to get technical...... but according to Chemistry, ALCOHOL IS A SOLUTION

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post

Cheers,
    John.
    Have you ever asked yourselves WHY?

It's only the norm for those doing the same thing!

Want to hook & land fish boys, put the thinking caps on & keep em on.

The answer is very simple

Quote Originally Posted by 2manylures View Post

Well Mr too many lures since this forum is about helping l am sure you can help many of us that drop fish so please share this little gem....

I'm just a simple person ....... so any help will be greatly appreciated
    I'm also sure that the other 140 or so competitors would also appreciate some help

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

And thus ended the Lesson.....Apparently
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    And thus ended the Lesson.....Apparently
    Apparently so
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Not being a professional angler & having never fished for Barra my comments would only be scoffed at or treated with sarcasm as has already been the case.

Having said that you blokes need to lighten up, some more than others.

The turtle & the hare spring to mind. as do the Taylor brothers.

& having never fished for Barra my comments would only be scoffed at or treated with sarcasm...
    Fair play my new friend... fair play.

Enjoy your day

NAGG.

Well done on the Tour mate... I sat back and watched the results via AusBarra.com. Would of loved to have been there myself but theres always next year. You finished very well in the AOY mate, a credit to your attitude towards your fishing. For a NSW bloke, not bad... not bad at all

Theo
    TT

Not being a professional angler & having never fished for Barra my comments would only be scoffed at or treated with sarcasm as has already been the case.

Having said that you blokes need to lighten up, some more than others.

The turtle & the hare spring to mind. as do the Taylor brothers.
    That sounds like a cop out answer 2 Many
    You obviously have something in mind ...... & I'm sure many would like to hear your opinion.

Turtoise & the hare ....... ???

Taylor boys ....... are a class above everyone else ( but dont dismiss that they spend more time on impoundments than 95% of their fellow competitors......which combined with their talent & oneness (being 2 parts of Triplets) ......

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO