Thread: topwater lure colours??

topwater lure colours??

Just wondering if anyone has favourite colours for topwater lures. I normally use a dark colour at night for barra but that is about the extent of my topwater fishing..

Re: topwater lure colours??

Chewy i find the dark colours seem to work better no matter what the species.
    In saying that a session last week the GT's we were chasing had a prefrence for silver on the underneath side but still a dark back green in this case....
    I through a all black stick bait for about 45mins with only half hearted looks whilst my fishing mates were catching them around me. Once the right colour went on the hookups were almost instant.
    So i guess on the right day any colour could be the go to??
    Didn't help much did i?

Joe

Joe im like a sponge.. i take it all in. I really like black in tannin stained watr for bass.I want to try anr tempt some salty barra when the season opens and some jacks in the meantime. Most of the lures have a light/neutral colour underneath so really i suppose if a lighter one isnt working ill try a black/dark one.
    its the quest not the conquest

in realy clear water i like to use fluro colours like yellow and pink as i find it shocks them in to hitting. in merky water and tannin stained water i like clear and natral colours, and in mud like water i go the darker colours like brown and black to try and cast as much sillowet at posibul. i think the right action of a lure is more importent than the colour, but with saying that iv had them days to when the fish would only hit one colour.
    figjam :wink: