Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Cutting coax cable

Re: Cutting coax cable

Quote Originally Posted by Fatenhappy View Post
    Aparantly the GME ground independent areials are tuned using a sweep generator and a spectrum analiser......using this equipment they are tuned for best resonance with the measuerd coax attached......."the coax can be extended but not shortened".

Now that's surely got to be codswollop from your source !!!!

A tuned length is a tuned length so if you lengthen the antenna you have to change the impedance either inductively or capacitively but I'm not going into that again!

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    I reckon so too.
    So you both agree with me on the Pelican poo theory then
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Bloody oath Finga ... sounds good to me ...

My sources are reliable as to the method used........as for the reasons and the design philosophy......hmmm.... thats is another story.

As I said before the reasons for the length on the 27Mhz and the VHF are problay different.

As I said before the length of coax on the 27Mhz is likly to be a tuned length.

The VHF is more likley to be a minimum lenght.

As to how much trimming the lenght matters.....Hmmm... particularly on the VHF.

If naybody has some time to waste...I'd be very interested to see how various antennae actulay perform.....seeing as how non of them seem to quote dbi figures, polar plots or VSWR figures.

cheers