Thread: Anyone tested their soft plastics in a tank on whiting or bream?

Anyone tested their soft plastics in a tank on whiting or bream?

Just wondering if anyone has ever set up their own tank for testing out their favorite plastics, jigheads, styles etc like at the fishing shows. Difference though - for your own targets species. If so, I would be interesting in hearing.

We usually see Barra at the shows in those great long tanks. One of the presenters at a recent show, cited water temperature as a big factor in getting them to perform. They certainly do hit the lures when prompted. I think there were also some farmed Bass or the like at a recent Boat show which didn't feel much like putting on a show for the audience - apparently due to the pellet feeds they had been used to. I don't think they took at a single plastic lure
    during the whole show I watched.

So what about whiting, bream and flathead ? With the money and time we spend on plastics, jigheads, finding our favorite combo's etc, maybe someone has done this ?

Cheers
    Adrian

Re: Anyone tested their soft plastics in a tank on whiting or bream?

I think the thing a tank test tells you is the fish was hungry at that time. I reckon they they are a lot like the snake oil ads on TV