Page 109 of 113 FirstFirst ... 95999100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1693

Thread: the Borumba bash 5th 6th 7th march 2010.

Re: the Borumba bash 5th 6th 7th march 2010.

Nice Winter warmer that one.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Lee, has that Bass got lurgy too?

Yeah it had a few red spots, but I guess that could be expected with all the water inflow etc. Used to see it a bit back in the rivers in Sydney a bit after a heap of rain entered the system.

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post

hey lee, cheers for the ride in the nitro, nice ride and the structure thingy was awsome, some good fun fishin fridy arvo cheers..

no probs any time.

Cheers

Lee

Well done you guys,top reports and brilliant photos.Great to see the fish came out to play,bugger the Taipan tho.Unfortunately Mum wouldn't let me out to play,and my wonderful shiftmate let me down also.Oh well,next time.
    Paulo

Just a quick apology here, Nath it was a pleasure to share your boat on friday arv, Just goes to show what a great mob you Mondy Mob are. But can ya get a new hat, that way the blowflies might keep their distance, or maybe not....

Quote Originally Posted by trymyluck View Post
    Just a quick apology here, Nath it was a pleasure to share your boat on friday arv, Just goes to show what a great mob you Mondy Mob are. But can ya get a new hat, that way the blowflies might keep their distance, or maybe not....
    it attracts them mark...they look for shade... ..and nath smells...
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

Guys and Gals it seems a great time was had by all, i'm sorry i had to miss it, maybe next time i will be able to make the trip

Tell you what, i'm over these bloody rabbits

Hope you had a great Birthday Trip Dave, all the best ole mate

Sounds like a top weekend, boat rides, side scans all the good stuff

One thing i'm a bit disturbed about though is the lack of fish, i see you all caught plenty of live bait, but then again there's no fish in that dam is there ??

Great reports fellas and bloody good pictures too, shit i wish i was there

Cheers,
    John.

PS. Don't worry about Nagg Deano, he can go at least a week without sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Callop View Post
    Thanks to one and all for making my 50th birthday one to remember.
    Special thanks to Tracey for the cake and to Steve for the gum leaf candle.
    Not to mention Tim's hand outs. Daryl - I'll open it at the Sessions.
    In summary
    MAGNIFICENT
    Apologies Dave, Happy Birthday for the weekend, knowing full well you would have enjoyed yourself.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by trymyluck View Post
    Yep its all good new hat is on the cards mate no problems and as far as blowflies diddnt see one just a group off good mates making waves

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    it attracts them mark...they look for shade... ..and nath smells...
    Nasty.... but fair

Quote Originally Posted by Callop View Post
    Thanks to one and all for making my 50th birthday one to remember.
    Hmmm, if you can remember it, we didn't try hard enough!

Mark, we must double our efforts next time.

Nath, funny story - Big Ren and I came quietly around a bend on Friday evening (at a gazillion knots) and we saw the boat and didn't recognise it or you. We buzzed and blowflied you, then I recognised Mark and wondered who the hell he was fishing with. Asked Paul and he didn't know. I had to ask Mark back at camp who the hell you were. In short - GET ANOTHER HAT ya killing us man and the world just doesn't seem right without you hiding under one.

The belt back from the back of the dam through the trees at night in the ranger with periodically functioning spotlight and one inch thick of bugs splattered over both eyes hampering my navigating was something I will never forget. Especially when Paul tells me his night vision is shot

Saturday night, Mark was on spotlight duty in my boat doing the same thing (except the belting bit), but he was responsible for shining it backwards to stop the ranger turning my tub into a speed bump

Deano, the stickers were awesome mate - thanks.

The dude that buzzed seven of us up the back of the dam on a jet powered surfboard was certainly not expected.

Whole weekend was good and not to be missed.

Steve

Lol Steve. I was very embarrassed when we flew past in a narrow stretch - not really that narrow at all - thought we were continuing way past there, and then you said stop, here's a bay I like.

I thought OMG, these dudes I buzzed are going to smack me with their banjo. You're right, you spotted Mark, but that dude in the cap.......Nath....get ya bloody hat back please.

Found out what the problem with the spotty was. Seems when I (or Bergis) inserted it, we jammed one of the two pins down flush with its base, so essentially it now only has one pin. Easily fixed.

It was a fun trip back on the Friday night....your navigating was fine....those flat bugs are annoying though. The trip back Saturday was more interesting. As soon as the spotty stopped, we rolled over a giant crocodile in the water, fortunately at idle.

That motorised surfboard came from nowhere around that bend but certainly stuffed your honey hole for a bit. I looked over where he passed you and commented to Bergis......Steve wants to kill that pellick....lucky his boat is a couple of hundred metres away up the bank.

Anyone want to buy some camping gear???

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Well done fellas for a great weekend by the sounds of things.

Glad you had a happy Birthday Dave. I really wished I could have been there to have a port with ya!!

Congrats for all the fish caught too. There has been some great photos so far, I am sure more will be added!!!

Social side??? Sounds like the usual blast!!

Cheers Steve

PS: we were in the camp kitchen last night at Mondy.....a 2010 borumba bash sticker is already on the fridge!!! That fridge is an icon now!!!
    I dont have ADHD......ohh look a squirrell !!!

That didnt take long!

Hows the dam Steve, reports around the traps down here arent real pretty

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    That didnt take long!

Hows the dam Steve, reports around the traps down here arent real pretty
    Brian i spoke to Nagg this afternoon he said it was hard going whitey has boated a good 1 and his deckie i think lost 1 plenty to explore chris said he has not had a touch.
    I am worried about Chris he admitted on the phone today he had a troll YES a Troll and not only that he had a gold Viper on his mates line trolling is this lack of sleep kicking in making him do such crazy things should we maybe getting a lcal ambo to go and give him a check up and et him admitted to the local hospital as the Chris i know would not troll let alone use a viper and a gold 1 at that

shane

Cool Re: the Borumba bash 5th 6th 7th march 2010.

holy crap!

Nagg fishin like a mere mortal?

and not a touch? WTF?

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    Brian i spoke to Nagg this afternoon he said it was hard going whitey has boated a good 1 and his deckie i think lost 1 plenty to explore chris said he has not had a touch.
    I am worried about Chris he admitted on the phone today he had a troll YES a Troll and not only that he had a gold Viper on his mates line trolling is this lack of sleep kicking in making him do such crazy things should we maybe getting a lcal ambo to go and give him a check up and et him admitted to the local hospital as the Chris i know would not troll let alone use a viper and a gold 1 at that

shane
    Shane,

Dont worry, the local ambo was trolling too!!!

yep, the MW got a nice fish today apparently.

Bugger the barra, I am going camping to 1770 with the family while the weather is nice for a couple of days.

Steve
    I dont have ADHD......ohh look a squirrell !!!