Thread: Drag Pressure

Drag Pressure

I have 4 stradics (FH), I haqve been looking for specifications on drag pressure but I can not find any specifics. I have 2500, 4000, and 5000 -->I think 4and 5 are the same except for the spool size.

Any info or web sites that still have the detail for FH reels

Cheers

Re: Drag Pressure

why dont ya just get a pair of scails and test it out . then you will see what your reels are realy pulling and ya not left wondering if ya reel is realy pulling what its ment to be pulling. its just a gess but i think the 2500 is 4kg, and the 4000 and 5000 are rated at 7kg, but dont quote me on that one.
    figjam :wink:

Re: Drag Pressure

Drag pressures are all related to the type of rod used, and the line used, as well as filled capacity of spool. As nuggs said..get a pair of scales and do some testing...it is the only way of really checking drag pressure......I would never believe factory specs as they are tested under controlled conditions.....not with your final outfit......and believe me.....atmospheric conditions and temperatures DO have a bearing on drag pressures.....as do spool diameters (line capacity v line on spool).

Greg