Thread: Sabiki Rods

Sabiki Rods

Has anyone else had a problem with the JW Sabiki rods. The jig hooks keep jamming where the bell-mouth fitting fits into the blank.
    I discovered mine had a bit of a lip on the inside and the hooks would not feed out smoothly.
    Unfortunately last time out I was getting some livies, I put the rod in the holder to pick up my other rod,,,, got smashed on the jig rod, just as I set the hook on a fish,,,, Sabiki & Abu 6500c3 ...goooone ,,,,now I need a replacement , but dont want to buy another if jamming hooks is a common problem.

rando

Re: Sabiki Rods

G'day rob,

How ya going?

Mate I've got one, no problems with mine, JW do have an excellent return policy - if it doesn't work proper like, take it back!

Love to ya Fam

cheers

Rhys

Quote Originally Posted by revs57 View Post
    G'day rob,

How ya going?

Mate I've got one, no problems with mine, JW do have an excellent return policy - if it doesn't work proper like, take it back!

Love to ya Fam

cheers

Rhys
    To true Rhys JW are tops when it comes to returns/warranty claims.
    Had my BigBoss 7500 replaced with a new one last week no questions asked.
    The turn around time was 6 days ex Tassie, can't get much better than that.
    Cheers
    Reidy

Thanks guys'
    If i find that bloody fish that took mine home with it, Ill return it to JW for sure.

Gday Rhys

Family is all good, hope you and yours are the same.
    We might drop in for a visit if time allows, next time I'm back in town,,, working out west at the moment .

Fondest Good wishes
    Rob

"Thanks guys'
    If i find that bloody fish that took mine home with it, Ill return it to JW for sure."

roflmao

Yeah we're good Rob, too bloody busy but that's another story

cheers

rhys

rando,

I have the same drama with mine, down sizing the hooks on the jigs seems to help but is a bit of a pain, also have found if you dont buy the right rigs, they still hang out the front of it, defeats the purpose.

Ps, my little rod so far has out fished it 100 to one, so am not that happy with it to be honest.

Regards
    Honda

Same problem here also.

Yes I have the same problem sometimes. I have to jiggle the jig a bit to release the hooks. I still reckon its worth it all, having the little suckers tucked away instead of hooked in my upholstery!
    I reckon the rod is a bit long for the purpose.
    Who had trouble working out how the feed the line the first time??

Quote Originally Posted by Getout View Post
    Who had trouble working out how the feed the line the first time??
    hehe....yep I'll admit it...thinking to myself, how the f**k am I supposed to feed line up this thing...tried a couple of times, cracked the sh*ts and thought this can't be right, and tried pulling the rod out of the handle and bingo!!

Mick