Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Tec problems.

Re: E-Tec problems.

Sigfried

Mate during trolling season , my services are at 150 hrs the engines are just running at 2100 rpm all day , the gear box oil is as clean as after 150 hrS!!Most pro's i know service there own engines , during mackeral season there almost doing 100 hrs a week!!

ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

none of em are using e tecs?

Quote Originally Posted by siegfried View Post
    had to have injectors replaced, both about 8-10 months out of warranty
    Do I read this as they were 8 - 10 months old and weren't covered by warranty?

or

They were 8 - 10 months outside the warranty period? (i.e. 3 years and 8 months old)

I thought the E-Tec had a 3 year warranty?

Cheers

Pete

8 & 10 months out of warranty..ie 3yrs + 8&10 mths .one of these blokes is actually on his second because the first one had a fuel problem that could not be fixed and was exchanged for a new one at 5 months old. It was a 90hp other is a75. Saw a 150 at Forster with a hole in the side of the block at 60 hrs- rebuilt under warranty so obviously no fault of the owner ...not for me the etec but some fullas love em. when theres mobs of em with 3-4000 hours and still going maybe but honestly there are some issues. I had a115 ficht for agood while and it was a beauty but hard on fuel compared to 4 stk & diesel

rebuilt under warranty you say? did you see the Engine rebuilt, or was told by a mate who overheard it at the pub?

OK, no nibbles? I was just sort of wondering why "they" would replace a Motor for a new one when it had "fuel problems" yet rebuild a Motor that had "blown up"

Maybe the big boys wanted it for research? heard of this before. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by chop duster View Post
    Maybe the big boys wanted it for research? heard of this before. Who knows?
    . Correct, btw Noel nothing I have posted is pub heresay , it is of no benifit to me or anyone else to post bull$%*t on here , just facts, and yes one motor went back to Bombardier and the mechanic that replaced the block on the 150 fishes with me regularly. It is easy to replace a block as opposed to repair/ diagnose failed injectors EMMs etc , but then again you probably know that as well.

THE MOST PEOPLE WHO HAVE TROUBLE WITH ETEC ARE PEOPLE WHO DON'T OWN ONE. eaiser to change the block as opposed to repair or diagnose a failed injector.

it must be hard to connect a laptop to a usb port on a engine . from there you can indvidually fire the injectors one at a time with the motor not running or running depending on what you want to diagonose also fire up the injector pump to check pressures.

sounds like a simple case of your mechanic not trained by brp. which is sad for evinrude as a lot of motor problems have been caused by small dealerships not putting the time in to be fully trained to set these motors up properly from the beginning.

whether you like e tecs or not they are a definite breakthrough in modern technology and to compare them to old ficht motors is about as relevant to compare your fourstrokes to the old carby motors.

OK now, lets get this straight, they rebuilt the Engine? they replaced the Block? they did not test any Injectors? so then either the old gear was used and the problem could still exist, they did NOT rebuild anything, a new Motor was supplied (block?) or a new "block" was supplied and the old Pistons, and crank and stuff was used, not too sure exactly what type of "rebuild" was done! a rebuild can mean a lot of things to different people.

OH, and to be sure, can you define a "block"?

The motor went back to BRP because it could not be made run despite numerous trips to the dealer ,Fact. The injectors on the replacement and another 75 failed not long after te warranty expired, fact. The 150 had a hole in the blockand was repaired under warranty , fact. I posted what I know and I am not going to undertake an investigation into these motors because it aint my business , if you think Im full of $h&t just say it , but as I said ,it is of no benifit to me or anyone else to post second hand pub talk on here.

nope, never said anyone was full of sh!t, never will either, but I like true facts, anyone can simply say "I personally know of 10 . . . . that blew up" however, unless we know exactly what blown up is, or rebuilt is, or a block is, then it basicaly means nothing, I do not own an E-tec, but I would defend one, or a 4 stroke, or an old carby 2 stroke, if facts are not tendered to fully explain the incident, all it does is reduce credibility to product, the poster the Dealer involved and a host of other things as well, get where I am coming from?

I have an old 2 stroke Merc. Goes good too

Oh how I love/hate the e-tec debates. Nearly as good as the bay chop debates.
    This has been argued over and over again and done to death.
    Just do a search for e-tec and find out all the info you need....whether it be right or wrong or heard at the pub or straight from....who-ever.
    Here ya go. I even did the search http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sea...earchid=761137
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

just to make a point here, there is nothing at all to stop me from posting something like "I was at the ramp yesterday, and I saw 2 Yamaha 4 strokes with blown power heads" the Yamaha/Honda/Suzuki guy was saying that there is major problems with them!! now none of that is true, but it would make for some very angry owners, some of whom may just take it as truth! not to mention the tirade of of "I have had a xxx for years and it is great".