Thread: Old Shimano Stradic Problems??

Old Shimano Stradic Problems??

Hi All,
    Just wondering if any of you out there has experienced the same problems with the old model Stradic as a mate of mine has, That is with the old model which is colored either white or a light blue.

He owns 3 Stradics, 2/ 2500 and 1/ 4000, all are giving him the same problem which is, the line is catching on the bail arm wire at the second part of the arm just before the roller, the new model has a one piece bail arm just as the previous Stella models have and obviously can cause no trouble.

I could not believe there could be a problem but i saw it first hand the other night, open the bail arm, cast, close bail arm, wind and the line will only slide around the wire until it reaches the join (second part) in the arm just before the roller and stops, if a fish hits at this stage the bail arm opens up and of course this lets line off the spool. My mate has said that this has cost him a number of fish.

I know you can manually place the line on the roller but i believe that you should not have to do that.

Woud appreciate greatly any other reports of the same problem as Shimano has said they are not aware of any problems with the old Stradic bail arm assemblies. Also if any one has any advice as to why this may have happened through incorrect use or what ever would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

John.

Re: Old Shimano Stradic Problems??

John I've got some old Aero Stradics {twin power handle} which were the 1st of the Stradic series & they don't have any problems.

Sorry I can't help as it's hard without seeing the problem.

I have one of the white ones in the 4000 size and it has never happened to me. Sorry can't help with the problem
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I have a old Euro reel that had the same problem and occasionally trip the bail.
    I filled the nitch it gets caught in with 5 minute araldite and sanded it back once it had been set about a week so it is fully dry. never had the problem again.

Jack.

Never had it happen to my old stradic but its not uncommon on some reels, i have the same problem on a quantum energy pti, and as tunadicer said the only solution is to build a little 'ramp' from some epoxy and sand it back so the line slides nicely onto the roller.

Cheers Chris

Here is a pic of the problem, I think 2 of you guys witch have filled it in / made a smooth ramp have got the only solution.. But I would have expected better from a 12month old $200 reel

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonH View Post
    Here is a pic of the problem, I think 2 of you guys witch have filled it in / made a smooth ramp have got the only solution.. But I would have expected better from a 12month old $200 reel
    Take it back and make use of the 10 year warranty

Foggy

It almost looks like there is a little bit of wear or dammage where the two join that could be causing the problem. On mive there is a nice little V shape where they join.

Cheers Chris

10 year warranty try it out you never know
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><