Thread: Chronarch 50mg

Chronarch 50mg

Hey guys got my Chronarch 50mg the other day and took on its madien voyage and on the way home i dropped it on the road. Anyway of fixing gouges on the top of it to make it look attactive again? I've tryed nailpolish but it look ugly. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Joel

Re: Chronarch 50mg

Hi fghjkl

just to keep your thread alive until you get the best advice from somebody here

put up a pic of the damage because if the gouges are deep they may need to be filled
    and don't worry if it takes a while for the right response just be glad you didn't ask about which 2st or 4st

cheers

SL
    IFISHCQ2

sorry mate, i got poor camera and doesnt do good close up pictures.
    so no pics as of yet.

Cheers,
    Joel

What a bummer, you must be pissed about doing that. I would suggest polishing the scratches out with some fine emery (wet & dry) paper, then recoating with a clear laquer.
    BF

Cheers,
    Joel

They are a great reel and hopefully the scratches are only cosmetic however if you are anything like me you will be more annoyed at the event rather than the outcome.

Often, time is the best cure for this damage as after a few outings you may hopefully be able to see past the scratches and focus on the catches.

Regards Cameron.

how deep are the scratches? If they are only cosmetic then i agree with cameron, reels are for catching fish not for looking at. However if the scrathes are deep and are into the magnesium then you'll probably want to repaint it somehow, there are plenty of tackle nuts on here who have restored reels and could tell you how to do this.