Thread: Maroon

Maroon

Looking at a weekend at maroon fishing and tubing I am new to tubing and new to freshwater fishing.Will only do a small amount of tubing to keep the kids
    is there a good place to do the tubing out of the way of the fishing and is there any pointers that a newbie shounld know. cheers

Re: Maroon

yeah you can do the tubing in the main basin straight out from the boat ramp
    a lot of people do it,

as for the fishing, try the banks leading upto the wall and up the narrow end of the dam, theres a heap of standing timber and plenty of weed beds.

good luck with it, beautiful place
    just dont get caught in the middle during one of these storms,
    that place can turn into an ocean in 5 mins

Went there start of the month, 3-4 hrs out there in the arvo 3 of us in the boat. One yellow belly and between the 3 of us that was the only hit. There is what my mate said is blue green algae over/in the whole dam. Down the far end of the dam where all the trees are the whole area is weed beds. I swear there wasn't a cast that didn't result in my spinnerbait covered in weed. Seemed an awesome place to fish just not our day I guess

There is weed everywhere on the edges of the dam but you just have to work with that, like burning the spinnerbait over the weed instead of letting the spinnerbait sink into the weed, pulling the weed off the spinnerbait while working it back and trying the cast short of the bank into the pockets of the weed. Went there wednesday and got around 25 fish in a couple of hours and dropped another 15 easy (the hooks just werent sticking, but have upgraded hooks now)