Thread: Stocking Bjelkie Peterson Dam

Stocking Bjelkie Peterson Dam

Hi, does anyone know if BP Dam has been part of the restocking program over the last couple years while levels have been low. Fished there this week and caught mainly 32+ cm bass and very few small bass. Interested as I usually indicate BP Dam on y SIP.
    Regards
    Sav

Re: Stocking Bjelkie Peterson Dam

Sav,

Maybe the lack of a response answers your question?

Bruce, spoke to Craigie and he was going to check out but we suspect it wasn't stocked over the 2 year period when the dam was down below 5%. Makes sence. I guess I was mainly wondering if a stocking program was going to commence again - about to buy my annual SIP.
    Regards
    Sav

John,

Give Fitzy a pm. He'll know for sure.

or email him here:- fitzy@sweetwaterfishing.com.au

Phill
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 27-11-2008 at 09:29 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Normally the Stocking Groups must spend their allocated funds on their fishery within a certain time frame, however because of the drought the DPI&F do allow the groups to hold over funds until water levels rise enough to resume stocking.

The last report this month was that the Dam was only 10% full. I presume we will need a massive low in the area to generate enough rain to significantly increase this level?

There were a few good Bass there when The Sav and I visited the dam in November and I would encourage all to practice "Catch and Release" to leave them for the next angler.

At what level would restocking begin?

The Fish hatchery at Redgate near BP is operating again due to now having some water to actual breed the fish in. I reckon that it will get the fish when available as all stocking groups have orders in