Thread: monduran dam

monduran dam

hi all, was going to have a go at monduran on the 26th to the 29th but the weather looks like it might turn bad, can anyone tell me if it is still worth going if the weather turns...... any help would be muchly appreciate thanks rob

Re: monduran dam

mate just go with all the bad weather it could turn them on and also stop a lot of people going so you will have more water to fish without thew crowds good luck

Yeh mate just go its all about time on the water. And besides u definatly wont catch any not goinging. Good luck.

Mate it is all good but the wind is the big problem. I think the size of the boat is also relevant. Wind and rain in a small boat is no fun and neither is camping in the rain and wind.

All things to be considered, but if it is your only opportunity to go, GO.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

I will be there with a BFO crew in one of the houses from 22 till 1/12. Will be crowded over last weekend as a comp is on. white stacer 4.6 with 50hp merc 4 stk big foot. Twin cab hilux with ladder racks.Drop in for a coldie
    Cheers
    Ray

what is a BFO? and is there a comp on at mondy?

BFO = Brisbane Fishing Online - another fishing forum

Comp = ABT round in the mornings on the Sat and Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by fishboy1 View Post
    what is a BFO? and is there a comp on at mondy?
    yes there is a abt event on that weekend and i say they pre fish a day or 2 before the comp starts

mate get up there and enjoy the place,if u dont catch a fish, set up camp and have a good old aussie camp fire, with a couple of serberts. Nothin better then that.

cheer shaneoo

just GO!!!was up there on the 7-9th november,didnt even smell a fish but had a ball...Good luck!!

Hi Rob

I am fishing Borumba this weekend, from there going to monduran for few days,
    I have never been there as well, if I do good I post some info in here.

cheers vince.

Hey guys,

Was thinking of heading to monduran this weekend but just wondering, does anyone know how many boats are expected to be one the dam during the comp?

bren.

I would avoid it like the plague.....but if thats your only window of opportunity, the place will be packed.......The normal weekend onslaught plus the ABT Comp, all the ramps will be busy.....If u go put in early morning or late evening that will make life easier for u and get's u away from the madding crowd......Good luck and enjoy your stay at Mondy...don't let the fishing be your main focus for being there.....Good Camp fire and a beer or six with your mate's......can't beat it.....Cheers Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless