Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is that and what do I do with it?

Re: What is that and what do I do with it?

Ahhh well greg... its obovious you were braught up on braid.

If you fish mono you only realy need two knots and lots of people get away with one.
    you need a terminal knot like a half blood, a locked half blood ( clinch knot) or the knot with no name.
    and some form of loop knot like a perfection loop, or the knot with everybodies name ( the thumb knot loop) for lures and the like.

I supose you could add a double blood for joining line to leader, but thousands do without that.

cheers

Obvious I was brought up on braid?? How the hell did you figure that? and how does my advice differ from yours........except maybe the names given to the knots. I am 50 years old and have been fishing since i was three years old. I hardly think that means I was brought up on Braid. Gee it pisses me off when someone has to have a go at you when you are trying to help someone.

Greg

G'day Pobblebonk

Gee, a pen name like that, is a big risk with some of these fellas. Though they are all behaving themselves at the moment.

As has been stated the hint and tips section have a page or two on "Becoming a better "fisherwoman"

You can also get this info in a booklet of the same name at most tackleshops & newsagents for about $5. Its produced by the "Alvey Reel Company" and focuses on their products, however the information in it is applicable to most reels.
    If you read it repeatedly, you will pick up all the basics to get you started.It only takes 30 minutes to read and there is a heap of stuff to learn and apply in there.
    Keep asking questions , we are all using this board to gain/share fishing knowledge.

When I joined this forum I couldn't catch a cold.
    And while i am by no means a "gun" fisherman now, I am fairly useful at getting a feed , mostly due to the help Ive had from the members of this forum.
    Have fun, and good luck for you and the little bloke.
    regards
    rando

Hey Pobbs, sorry I got a bit stroppy. I guess that comes with being a grumpy old fart. There are some great tips here and Rando has a great tip as well. It all goes into the mix to increase your knowledge and skills.

Greg