Thread: Fishing Mission Beach

Fishing Mission Beach

Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I will be headed to Mission on the 23 - 26 Jan for a M & G Townsville V's Cairns.

The problem that I have is that i dont have any mark for Mission at all.

I was wondering if anyone would mind throwing me a couple to start out not your best marks but in the general area where your gunna catch some fish, I dont mid sounding the area until we find some life however a couple of staring out places would be good.

Cheers Rod....

Re: Fishing Mission Beach

Come on there has to be at least onw person ot there that will give me a couple of marks.

Cheers Rod....

Try around Woln Garn Is. I have caught jacks, grassies and spaniards there. I have even heard of billfish taken a little further out.

Heading up there myself at Christmas time but unfortunately there is a closure on so the boat can stay home.

watch out rod one of us cairns guys might throw you a green zone

I doubt it, and there are always the zoneing maps to check with.

Cheers Rod....

hey rod
    i here a lot of good reports of yamacuta reef but it will depend on the wind.

Which reefs do you fish ,Blue line..I imagine you launch from Mourylian harbour...?

I agree about Yamacutta ..it's easy to find and always reports of trout and spanish from there....fished there regularly before I had a chartplotter.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Which reefs do you fish ,Blue line..I imagine you launch from Mourylian harbour...?

I agree about Yamacutta ..it's easy to find and always reports of trout and spanish from there....fished there regularly before I had a chartplotter.
    hey mate
    yes mourylian .
    i mainly fish poter and adelaide,i tryed to go to gilby on friday night but it was two meter swell and 20kn wind so i fished at suprise shoals hoping it would drop down but it never.

I have the same issue, heading down from cairns for a "relaxing weekend" and agreed with the misses that I will only take the tinny not the bigger boat so I need a bomby close to shore, that I can catch dinner off!!!
    Any idea's? the reef isn't an option so just a little lump near the ramp will do me fine?

Please!!

Cheers Dave
    IF YOU WANT TO CATCH FISH YOU HAVE TO DRINK LIKE A FISH....HANG ON....MAYBE THAT WAS THINK LIKE A FISH??