Thread: Southport Seaway

Southport Seaway

All set up for offshore, don't know where to go, could somebody give me some advice on where to fish?? Desperate!!!!!!!!!
    2-EZY

Re: Southport Seaway

mate i was like you a year ago. i would suggest go off southport a bit get use to the seas swells current wind ,weather on the coast is a bitch. but when ya use to crossing bars head down tweed go to mud hole sounder out for good structure and float baits down to it. snapper season is the best i go there when there on leave with bag limit and 9kg to 14kg its awsome but it will take you a whlie to get your head around it.

Hey Jim
    an AUSFISHER gave me this a few weeks ago it was very helpful good luck
    cheers Simon
    http://www.fishnet.com.au/information/gps/goldc.txt

Head out the seaway east there are plenty of reefs inbetween 18-24 fathoms for bottom bashing if trolling is your thing troll up and down the 24 fathom line with a spread of skirts for pelagics that should see you hooked up in no time .

would be worth considering a bar crossing course with Bill Corton, he can provide tips on all things offshore boating - cheers - Craig

[reel_affair@yahoo.com]

Craig
    Thanks, I did the course with Bill earlier this year
    Jim
    2-EZY

Great - you're ready to go then!
    good luck with it and enjoy!

Hi Jim,
    We were out wide last friday trolling and only sited a few big dollys but no shots.
    The trolling will get going over the next month with alot of Billys heading our way. There are some Dolphin fish here now but not in any numbers.
    Good luck
    Mitch

02-Easy

One of the best ways is to come along to our next club meeting, (Surfers Paradise Game and Sportfishing Club) which meets at the Coast Guard headquarters at loders creek near southport. We meet the first Monday of the month and it is a great way to find out what is going on really quickly.

Drop me a PM if you would like some more info.

Matt