Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Bass on Fly comp

2008 Bass on Fly comp

Hi all
    The entry forms and rules are now up on the clubs website.
    http://www.saltwaterflyfishers.org/p...ass-on-fly.php
    Be great to see you all there. Should be a great weekend like last year.
    I for one am looking forward to it.
    Thanks
    Bill

Re: 2008 Bass on Fly comp

Hi Bill,
    Looks like ezzy and I will saddle up for this one. Spoke to Jeremy the other night and sounds like he will team up with Denise again. Had a cracker time last year and looking forward to this one. Any word on the catch rate of late.

Jeff.
    Fly rods were made to bend!

Hi Jeff
    Sounds great that you can make it this year again. I gather you got a leave pass for work then hey?
    I' m sure Jeremy and Dennis are itching to beat the sunny coast boys this year. Just make sure you guys beat Chris this year, otherwise we all won't hear the end of it.
    Anyone else coming that you have heard of from down your way?
    Cheers
    Bill

Hi Bill,
    Mate , Chris is a hard act to follow at any time, let alone on home turf. Our next club meeting is not till the 18th. On that note I will get the bush telegraph cracking before hand. If I get the nod from any quarter I will give you the thumbs up by pm.
    May have picked up 1 or2 from the jack fishing evening night at fishhead last night.
    Will keep in touch. Hopefully the fish gods will favor the lads from the south this year. Only time will tell.
    Jeff

Hi Jeff
    Thanks in advance for doing the bush telegraph thing. Its looking likes being a cracker with the weather warming up nicely.
    Yes Chris is definately a really good fly fisher thats for sure. I'm sure the southern boys will give us northerners a godd run for our money. Especially Vince. How's his form at the Toga comp? Never fished the dam before and catches a few toga straight up on the friday. Just don't tell him how to catch the bass up there and we all might be right.
    Can you also put the word out about the catering that the deer park is organising as well? Thanks for that.
    Chat soon
    Bill

So who's thinking about coming to this year comp? Come on now, don't be shy. We just need some rough numbers.
    Just remember, your get the chance to knock Flyfisho off as he won it last year. Come on guys and girls, we can't let him win again this year. We'll all never hear the end of it.
    Bill

[insert eveil laugh here]

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

Bill,
    Question on the rules. A prefish curfew is in place from the16th till the start of the event the following saturday. Is non competition fishing allowed after the nominated closure time and weigth in on saturday, to chase some toga saturday arvo? Also, If we get time on friday, is it ok to fish the creek down stream of the dam to prospect for anything that might take a fly.
    Keen to fish the weekend out. Ezzy rang me tonight. He if looking forward to the comp. Club meeting is on the 18th, will drop you a mail then.
    You never know with vince, he playes his cards close to his chest. He can be a bass wisperer at times.
    Jeff

Jeff There is some good fish in the creek below, plenty of Toga and Bass , you just have to remember the exlusion zone around the wall.
    Not long now , I am gunna check it out on Saturday

Hey Jeff are you and the Goldy crew rocking up on Friday night ?

Chris,
    As far as I know. Our club meeting is on the 18th. I will flick out a few emails tonight to get a feel of the lay of the land. Looking forward to this one. Have the bass been on the tooth of late? Thanks for the mail. Let me know how saturday goes.
    Jeff

Jeff

Do you know that I am coming as well.
    I was going to Monduran first, and fish it on my way back, the plans have changed, I have car problem if get it early I will go strait To Borumba first.

I will see you at the club.

Thats great mate. Hope you get the wheels together on time. This will really thrown the cat amongst the pigeons now that Vince the bass whisperer will be on the water. We have to pull out all stops to have a show against Chris.

Jeff

Hi Jeff
    Prefish ban starts from Sunday night at dusk till the starting horn on the Saturday of the comp. This pre fish ban applies only to the Dam itself, not Yabba Creek below the dam wall. And also it is a boating ban as well. No cheating and sounding out the areas. As Chris said, there is an exclusion zone as well.
    Fishing between sessions is allowed for those who want to go out and chase a toga and what not. You can even go out and chase a bass as well if you want. Just remember that the fish you catch in the arvo won't be caught the next day.
    Just got back from Borumba about an hour ago. There's a lot of big schools of Bony Bream up there. Never seen that many. Didn't do much fishing, just scouting around and sounding some spots out. Think I put about a dozen casts in at the most. There should be some fat bass caught next weekend. Just no one tell them there is a comp on and they should cooperate.
    Chat to you soon
    Bill

hi sniper
    do you require anything done friday or taken up to borumba friday.
    coola