Thread: middlemount

middlemount

My sister and her partner darren who have just recently gotten married have moved to middlemount for a few years for work reasons. Steph got offered a job that was to good to refuse. No doubt we will be making a trip to visit them soon.

Wondering what the fishing is like up that way? If there is any at all? How far would we have to travel? What could we expect to catch?

cheers
    simon

The ocean is the ultimate solution - Frank Zappa

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq9/slyman71/

Re: middlemount

hey Simon.. There Is A Dam About 20 Minutes West Of Middlemount On The Way To Teiri / Capella. The Dam Is Used By Skiers Etc, But It Is Stocked By The Locals. I Have Heard There Is Barra Stocked In There, I Know From Previous Trips There, That There Is Big Saratoga, Big Silver Perch, Yellowbelly, Spangled Perch, Eels Etc.

On The Way To Middlemount You Will Pass Over The M'ckenzie River System Which Also Has All Of The Above Species. About 45 Minutes From Middlemount.

Go North On The Beef Road And Head Into The Area Called Twin Bridges Which Is On The Isaac River System, Good Sotties And Saratoga ( Seek Local Directions For This Place ).

Theresa Creek Dam Near Clermont Also Holds Barra As Well As The Nogoa River At Emerald.

cheers Darren
    it's Hot Country - Take Lots Of Lemonade ;d