Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: now this is a JACk!!

Re: now this is a JACk!!

Nice one JE!!! How's the new Poly going?

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_P View Post
    Ok here are my HONEST thoughts for what its worth.....

Firstly its a monster Jack and one I would be happy to hold up for a photo.

Now if we are talking ESTUARY/RIVER fish most jack chasers know all to well that a fish over 60cm is etremely rare and in my opinion nearly non existent.

There are two locations of where fish this size come from:

1.Offshore

2.Landlocked locations where Jacks have swum up into them and are STUCK.
    These locations commonly have huge mullet populations in them also and the jacks stay in there quite happily getting bigger and fatter....but cant get back out.

Some say 'a jack is a jack'....But in these locations throwing out a poddy mullet is almost to easy.

I knew of a spot like this myself once but the council drained it and is now no more.

Like I said JE its a great fish and only you know where it was caught.

Pete
    hey champ ,
    you got a few pics to put up of your too easy 70cm+ jobs where you throw out your poddys

Certainly not....I dont believe I calimed to have caught any 70cm plus jacks.

The whole 'Questioning' from me comes from the fact that..:

Mr JE has now caught about 6 60cm plus jacks most of them landbased on a grassy bank........One he even claimed to have caught at Noosa.....
    I dont know of ANY jacks caught in the Noosa river over 60cm (nor does ANY local) for the last 10 years..!!!....and its one of the most heavily fished rivers on the sunny coast.

His jacks are BIG,FAT and certainly arent fighting against tides or current.
    Most jack enthusiasts will see that.....Is it common to get 5 60cm jacks in a season...??....

Like I said they are still great fish...

Mate reports on this site are fantastic if done honestly.
    There are to many lies....Dudded up photos and to tell you the truth its these things that wreck the site....Not blokes like myself who speak what alot of others are thinking....and alot of others have said to me.

Pete

Pete,

Check his reports mate, it looks like our old friend with the mask is back LOL. Ill be up at noosa shortly you can find me a jack yeh?

Quote Originally Posted by blue_mako View Post
    Pete,

Check his reports mate, it looks like our old friend with the mask is back LOL. Ill be up at noosa shortly you can find me a jack yeh?
    I miss me old mate with the mask...

Get him back from retirement will ya...

Pete

Whytey;
    Interesting comments Whytey, I can only see 1 post which can be construed as throwing shit at JE, but the impression your post gives is lots of us are throwing it. So I guess I’m one of those that is offending U. Sorry about that, but things are easy to take the wrong way on a forum like this. Here is an extract from a PM I sent to an other ausfisher on this subject;
    I take people as I see 'em on ausfish, and JE has never done anything to make me think he tells porkys (yet), so if he claims its an estuary fish I'd believe it, but it's very much his style to stay quite. Good luck to him in that regard I saw a very highly regarded Ausfisher tell what I believe was an untruth a month or so back, so U never know.
    JE, never said it was a “creek fish” as was being assumed by some, I just gave my opinion that they were presuming something that was unlikely. If he’d said it was an open water fish I’d have accepted that immediately with out comment. Every one has a different way of taking things and on an open forum like this, your going to offend someone no matter what u say. U live and U learn, in future I won’t comment on your or JE fish in any way. I was unaware it is offensive to suggest a master of big jacks would pull a fish in a closed impoundment.
    I think you’ll find there are all sorts of reasons some people aren’t posting as much anymore, me included, U won’t be seeing many fish from me any more and I’m not talking about this “shit”.

JE;
    Awesome fish especially from an open river.

Pistol P;
    I totally agree with what you’re saying. You can’t keep all the people happy all the time.

Troy;
    Tell Robbie I’m not going to play this time round, he can show us all the big “creek Jacks” he wants and 90% of ausfishers can presume he’s a legend. How did U go last night, I ended up going down there myself, and didn’t get a touch (well not from a red fish anyway, I was on my own). It’s been a slow start to the season 4 me, the coldest Oct. in 8 years they say. That’s my excuse anyway.

Cheers Dids

Well said Dids,

I hope JE hasnt taken any of my comments personally but its an open forum and questions get asked.

If the fish was taken at a river mouth why not show the photo in its entire form.
    Naturally block out any signs etc that are dead give aways for your spot but why black out all the water and the boat etc....

If these were included then its a tad hard to argue....BUT so far all these BIG jacks have come from a grassy bank which leads you to believe it MAY be one of the landlocked spots we know about.

JE...Mate I have always thought you are obviously a great fisho who knows his stuff....apologies if I have offended asking the question.

Pete

Top fish JE !

I'm with you on your comments regarding Jack movements ......

Cheers,
    Mick.
    Check out my boat for sale in the classifieds

• 469 Stacer open Seahorse/Nomad
    • 50hp 4 stroke tiller Mercury
    • Heaps of extras, in top condition
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dids, ended up sinking some pink, she was a fast machine mate. Didnt get down sth, mate bailed on me last minute. Its funny to see how much is assumed, from spots to big jack legends, there is only a handful who would have ever seen kevin unit" or jack extractor in action and that is why you dont see many reports of quality fish like this because they are as elusive as the jacks can be.

There are a few who spread things around trying to get a fact or 2 together but its obviously not putting any big jacks on the scoreboard for them.

The legends will remain legends untill someone else steps up.

ripper fish JE.
    thats the biggest jack ive heard about (not offshore),
    hopefully you can keep the reports coming over the summer,
    well done mate

Quote Originally Posted by blue_mako View Post
    Dids, ended up sinking some pink, she was a fast machine mate. Didnt get down sth, mate bailed on me last minute. Its funny to see how much is assumed, from spots to big jack legends, there is only a handful who would have ever seen kevin unit" or jack extractor in action and that is why you dont see many reports of quality fish like this because they are as elusive as the jacks can be.

There are a few who spread things around trying to get a fact or 2 together but its obviously not putting any big jacks on the scoreboard for them.

The legends will remain legends untill someone else steps up.
    They are the ghosts that walk our river banks, Troy, The phantom, Batman, the headless horseman, SmallUnit, JE, It's a scary world out there

The thing that I dont understand is there is all this backlash over JE's jack, but wat i recall is a new ausfisher claimed he was fishing off the bank and landed a 79.5cm 6kg jack south of Brissie on 15lb line with 30lb leader and nobody doubted it! It was this guys first post Imnot doubting it but that is an amzing feat in a boat let alone land based!!!!
    Thats my 2 cents Thanks Simon
    ps heres the thread!
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=130642

Quote Originally Posted by RAT-KING View Post
    The thing that I dont understand is there is all this backlash over JE's jack, but wat i recall is a new ausfisher claimed he was fishing off the bank and landed a 79.5cm 6kg jack south of Brissie on 15lb line with 30lb leader and nobody doubted it! It was this guys first post Imnot doubting it but that is an amzing feat in a boat let alone land based!!!!
    Thats my 2 cents Thanks Simon
    ps heres the thread!
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=130642

Simon, I think you'll find there was a lot of doubt over that one ( do you see who thanked nearly every post, there's a reason to doubt it )and there are comments like"Well done mate! As long as it's a legit. estuary fish".
    If someone says they did something then you've got to except it (unless he's SmallUnit ), but JE didn't say it was an estuary fish, so where's the problem. I don't get it.

Yep I agree with Dids on this, of course those who cant catch fish like this will doubt it and hope by saying negative comments some proof will come there way which results in more knowledge to help them in the quest for there first jack.

Of course the big jack legends have nothing to prove and by saying nothing are brought down by this sought of nonsense. You then hear they have left the site or dont post any more.

ripper fish JE
    for me id love to catch a 70cm jack,i wouldnt care if i caught it from a bloody fish tank its huge!