Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: now this is a JACk!!

Re: now this is a JACk!!

Congrats mate. That would be a dream catch for me.. Still trying to crack my first.
    Jewie.
    Last edited by JEWIENEWIE; 01-11-2008 at 09:44 AM. Reason: misread some previous posts.

Congratulations on the great fish JE, it’s a cracker. I just question those that presume it came from a “creek”. I’ve got a few thoughts on where I can top that fish, and when or if that happens I wont be saying where it came from either.
    For those that don’t know there jacks that well, think about there migratory movements and why u might get a horse like JE’s inshore.
    JE thanks for the challenge and watch this space, the fat lady hasn’t even warmed up yet.

Its been a while since the smallunit posted up fish of this calibre, only 1 person on here could do it jack x and you the man.

Ok here are my HONEST thoughts for what its worth.....

Firstly its a monster Jack and one I would be happy to hold up for a photo.

Now if we are talking ESTUARY/RIVER fish most jack chasers know all to well that a fish over 60cm is etremely rare and in my opinion nearly non existent.

There are two locations of where fish this size come from:

1.Offshore

2.Landlocked locations where Jacks have swum up into them and are STUCK.
    These locations commonly have huge mullet populations in them also and the jacks stay in there quite happily getting bigger and fatter....but cant get back out.

Some say 'a jack is a jack'....But in these locations throwing out a poddy mullet is almost to easy.

I knew of a spot like this myself once but the council drained it and is now no more.

Like I said JE its a great fish and only you know where it was caught.

Pete

Thanks guys but alot of yous obviously dont know your stuff when talking about big jacks, i have said it wasnt from a creek but it was not from offshore (or a land locked lake)it was caught in my new boat at a river mouth theres the key word (river mouth)so yous can stop your and jealous remarks now cause the truth is the truth theres alot of water out there, gees guys ppl have caught 80cm snapper all the way back to the gateway before,the spot where he came from they catch big jacks only 5 k offshore from the mouth and i mean BIG jacks ones that make this guy look small,im not going to give away that spot cause i probaly would get shot for real, and on certain times the bait gets push in and guess what follows,(jacks) but working out when is the key answer dont worry you fish for em for long enough and think out of the box and you will work them out.cheers again

ps.I dont post the fish on here as a competition but only for yous to see a big fish in real,and for the same reason anyone dose cause your happy and proud of such a good fish, if it upsets you tell me now and i will stop no loss for me hey!!

thats a serious jack makes my jaw drop

Thats a great fish - you definately live up to your Avatar name. Cheers, Darren.

Ive had enough of the shit that gets thrown at a guy on this site for him showing a good or in this case a great capture. Obviously some shit gets posted up but to bag someone for his fish and how it cant be caught in a creek or river is bullshit. Jackextracta has consistantly put up fish of all shapes and sizes that only most of you can dream of, and all you want to do is cook him. Wake up and stop bagging people for there captures as this is why most of the good informative guys that used to post dont anymore.

Whytey.

PS Ive already been smoked by 2 fish (That ive seen) in back waters of Gold coast canals this year that were pushing 65-70. In my opinion a 72cm jack is definatly not out of the question for a gold coast river mouth. Maybe try for an 80cm fish at the seaway.

Once again great fish mate, and keep posting the ripping fish.
    If you wish to learn more about reading and getting the most from your Lowrance units or learning more about fishing with artificial baits I will come out in the comfort of your own boat for one on one coaching. Please call for more information.

Yeah, well said Whytey. Great fish and enough said....Yes the bench mark is set for you Brissy boys.
    Now I gotta get a hanky and wipe the tears from my eyes.
    What was it again I missed about SEQ??? Oh, the banter.....
    I'm with Mako, bring back unit.....he was the baddest Jack fisho on AF. Even if they came from all corners of Australia in the space of a few days..
    Some calibre eh....
    You still da man JE, keep it on the (down low)!!

Richie

Its a cracker alright, Nice work!

The Nerang is the home of the horses IMO.

Cheers

Jim

Nice work JE. Please don't let a small minority put you off posting. Threads like that are what make this section so great. I'll be back on the Sunny coast at the start of December if your keen on a decky spot or vice versa PM me if your keen.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Far out thats huge. Nice.... Maybe ONe day ill get one hmmm =D

I know of two fish caught in the tweed in the past year that were in the 70's. They weren't landlocked. One was caught a long way upstream toward murwillumbah, the other at the mouth. I dont understand why a fish thats reached maturity 7 yrs or more ago would be in an estuary...but they are there.

Im pretty sure that this jack is the biggest ever estuary jack ever posted on AF. Correct me if im wrong.

Congrates mate u deserve it.

Pete

JE,
    Could you tell me what brand braid and leader?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_N View Post
    JE,
    Could you tell me what brand braid and leader?
    Tim
    braid is jack erskines pen power braid and leader its called shock leader and that is the name hard stuff to find but i also use sunline system leader in the 20 or 30.

I dont see anyone in this thread that has put Jackextractor down in any way...

Quite the opposite in fact....Everyone has said what a fantastic fish it is.

Of course people are going ask questions on the location when photos get played with and backgrounds blacked out etc.......And its natural to assume there aint to many caught at this size from Estuary/River....or in fact fish over 60cm.

Keep the posts coming JE.....Im looking forward to your shots from ya trip north.

Pete