Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: now this is a JACk!!

Re: now this is a JACk!!

Not sure but it looks like your mat has a big bend in it around the 70 cm mark??? Still, a bloody monster, well done

Cheers
    Kezza

Was that the sink hole or the stink hole
    Plenty of stink on this site..
    Still, a hell of a fish.
    If men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, politicians must be from uranus ?

Sink hole, who mentioned the sink hole again

Don't get me wrong its an awesome fish and I would be more than happy to catch. Though the assumption probably comes from a the section it was posted. But compared to jacks caught outside the creek its pretty close to average, its all relative.

Great Jack,good to see you let it go....

Thanks guys with any big fish there are question, and sure it was not a creek fish but it was not an offshore fish either or bay fish so that leaves the river or river mouth and the brag mat is not shorter cause me and my mate have a bit of a comp between each other and we are always measureing brag mats to see if they are correct this one is out about 3mm short so the fish should be 3mm bigger then it shows on brag mat we have fished for jacks for years and always hoped of a beast like this so it has taken awhile but each we were slowy getting there thanks again will pop up some more pics of it when i load em up.

Fantastic fish JE. congrats on a fine effort. Who cares where it was caught? I bet it wasnt on the goldy, that looks like your sunny coats spot again....

Just awesome. That will give the boys something to chase.

There nothing better than a pic on a brag mat. That shuts up the BS artists.

Andrew

well done JE what a fish

cheers Paul

Hey JE - that is a mighty fine fish & great to know it's still out there. Congrats buddy.

Cheers,

Pete

Top fish mate. Good luck to any one who can knock this fish off this year. Should of saddled him up and rode him on Tuesday. Keen to know what gear subdued that unit.

Well done again.
    Whytey
    If you wish to learn more about reading and getting the most from your Lowrance units or learning more about fishing with artificial baits I will come out in the comfort of your own boat for one on one coaching. Please call for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Why-ting View Post
    Top fish mate. Good luck to any one who can knock this fish off this year. Should of saddled him up and rode him on Tuesday. Keen to know what gear subdued that unit.

Well done again.
    Whytey
    cheers mate, used the light to med snapper\big jack gear the rod is a saltiga dorado 10 to 15pound jig rod just with a diawa exceller matched up with 16 pound braid with a 25 pound leader, had the reel so locked it sounded like it was going to give in, now after that fish it dose not sound the same and the drag makes a funny noise lol.

That's a huge jack mate, congratulations!

What brand of braid and leader JE? I gotta get some of that.
    Tim

yeah mate deinately a fat estuary fish . good pick on the creased brag mat........ i agree . prob stretchin 70. still a crackin fish but...cheers

Quote Originally Posted by T H I R S T Y View Post
    yeah mate deinately a fat estuary fish . good pick on the creased brag mat........ i agree . prob stretchin 70. still a crackin fish but...cheers
    cheers mate but mat is spot on cheers.