Thread: 1770/Musgrave Info.....

1770/Musgrave Info.....

Hi guys

Plan is to depart sunny coast friday arv and trail the boat up to 1770. Head out first light saturday, destination: overnighter Musgrave . Gonna be my first trip up that way so got the usual questions to those who have been or live up there... taking 18foot fibreglass boat.

Coast Gaurd contact number and station on vhf?

Is the boat ramp parking safe? ie. theft? or is there a secure parking?

For the trip home, how rough are we talking if it blows up from the SE? (Ive been out in 20odd knot SE off cairns that were far worse than the same here) could i probably tuck in behind one of the big boats if worst came to worst?

also, any thoughts about the varying weather forecasts for this wkend...

Thats about all i think unless anyone is happy to share any marks for the general area that could point us towards any fish Taking spearing gear and will also have billfish gear on board.

Many thanks in advance.
    Brades

Re: 1770/Musgrave Info.....

Do a search in the saltwater offshore section (I think it was) - I answered a similar enquiry about 6 months ago (albeit to a guy who was going to camp on musgrave). Any questions I haven't answered there, let me know and I'd be happy to help if can.

lots of info here;

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=122711

VMR Roundhill 82 VHF out near the islands use 77
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thanks heaps guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    lots of info here;

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=122711

VMR Roundhill 82 VHF out near the islands use 77
    mmmmm, Phil, i just went thru all 49 pages and not a real lot of fishing info, but plenty of and Newby was right September was better
    Cheers

Brades, if you PM me your email address, I can send to you a bit of info for the area and a few starter marks. We were up there a few weeks ago and had a shocker so don't have any hot marks. Hope you have a better run. I also have a bunch of marks I punched in to use as cardinal marks around the reefs for added safety, but you may not need these depending on you plotter.

We fished south of Boult, but I think you may have better luck out from Boult and north.